• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

When is it you vs. your equipment?

elemmac

Angel Diva
Ah butterfly pads. I’ve never heard of those. Have any links?
I guess they’re just “ankle wraps” on some sites…https://www.tognar.com/amp/boot-fitting-foam-ankle-wrap-pads-1-8-pr/

All sorts of padding you can play with to try to tighten up a boot a bit:

newboots

Angel Diva
Start small and subtle! It's amazing what a very skinny pad can do. Don't start with a fat one.

elemmac

Angel Diva
Check out Patriot Footbeds - they make a liner sleeve that can hold J Pads for the ankle that saved my season in too sloppy boots until I could find a deal. :smile:
Just looked this up...that's pretty awesome, never seen that.

But, I was literally just contemplating buying a pair of neoprene socks (a couple sizes too large) to slide over my liners to take up a bit of space. My liners are VERY packed out, but I'm planning on new boots next year, so don't want to spend much to wrap up the season. I like the look of this.

floatingyardsale

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They worked well for my needs, which was that I had packed out the liners in the midfoot and the boots were simply too wide/high volume for me. The sleeve makes the liner fit more tightly, and then one can tuck in the little J Pads as needed. I did both.

NWSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had an interesting weekend skiing, I had some moments that felt totally awesome, in control, decent form, having a blast and doing challenging terrain (for me) etc. Then I had hours that I just couldn't make it through a run without stopping, felt like the speed was scaring me, was getting bounced around by the choppy snow and just not having that much fun.

So, how do I know if it is my skill or if maybe I need better gear?

For example, I sometimes feel like I don't have enough control of my skis, like I am working too hard to make them turn instead of letting the ski do its job. I also felt like anything chunky (and there was plenty of it at powder mountain yesterday) was just bouncing me all over the place.

Any advice on how to best tackle this? Do I rent boots and see if it helps? Rent other types of skis?
I know a perfect skier, and he says if he wants to find something to work on he puts on an old pair of skis that he finds very hard to ski. Those ski bring out his worst traits.

I think there are hero skis, and there's also hero snow. I own two pairs of hero skis, and I wouldn't ski on anything else! lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna