• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

When do you take your snow tires off?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Mine came off today. It's May 2, so I think the chances of they're being needed are pretty slim (watch, it'll snow tomorrow).

What about you?

AdkLynn

Certified Ski Diva
Next week, as I have road trip coming up. We’ve had significant snow here in the Adirondacks in May every few years! Let’s hope it’s not this year!

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We took ours off two weeks ago. We live in Arizona and like to keep them on until we know without a doubt there will be no more travel in snow until the next season.

Jilly

Staff member
Took them off before the last trip to Tremblant for Easter. That was earlier than usual, but I was heading to Florida the next weekend and wanted them off the car.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Usually beginning of May, but bumped it up early this year because of my travel to Banff.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Mine are off as of this morning. The earliest date we can remove snow tires in Quebec is March 15 and some people - foolishly - change their tires soon after that. In the Laurentians we were hit with at least two snowfall events in April and many people were stuck.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They come off my car as soon as they return to flat land. Luckily I have snow tires on extra rims so it’s a pretty simple process.

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In PA it is law that snow tires need to removed by April 15th.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
^^ Wow.

Penn is sure invasive with this law. It controls private decisions about what an individual does with their tires. That seems odd to me.

I wonder why they passed such a law? Does anybody here know the logic behind that law?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
In PA it is law that snow tires need to removed by April 15th.

^^ Wow.

Penn is sure invasive with this law. It controls private decisions about what an individual does with their tires. That seems odd to me.

I wonder why they passed such a law? Does anybody here know the logic behind that law?

I used to live in PA, and the law only applies to studded snow tires because of the damage they can cause to bare roads.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Early April. DH reasined since we're both retired now and have a condo in ski country we can just work around any late season storms (which we did).

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, shoot, I need to do that.
I have studs and am starting to feel bad about driving any serious distance with them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna