• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

When do you start planning your winter vacation?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Some people are last minute, some plan a year ahead. I'm probably in the four months or so category. I know there are lots of cost savings for planning way ahead, but I just can't get it together to do it too far in advance. What about you?

Marigee

Angel Diva
I am generally in the four month catagory as well.

We skied at Xmas last year in Steamboat and will this year too. It is the only time my 3 boys have vacation together. I started planning it in early August to get good airfares ($200.00 round trip D.C.- Denver on Southwest) and find a good condo on VRBO.

My sisters and I (4 sisters and our sister-in-law) are skiing together at the end of January. I had to plan that in August so we could co-ordinate work schedules, kid's schedules, etc. It was exhausting and took 2 weeks to come to a consensus! Good thing I like my sisters!:smile:

For close by places we usually decide at the last minute to ski.

I am taking my twins out west at spring break (week before Easter) but will wait until Jan - Feb to decide where to go.

dburdenbates

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I start planning my next winter vacation the minute my last ski trip of the season ends. I like to plan and research and learn and do anything I can to make the next ski season seem sooner than it is. Actual reservations are probably made 4-6 months in advance. Our vacation times are pretty much the same each year because of school schedules and my husband's work schedule, so this makes planning ahead much easier.

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We plan 6 months out. right now we are booking a vacation for March 07. We find that 3 bedroom condos go fast and if we want one, we need to ante up early.

eng_ch

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tend to want to book up before people are ready to accept bookings :smile: Being close to local slopes means we look to go further afield for a full week - and since that's our main holiday of the year, it has to be right.

cnewbound

Certified Ski Diva
For me, my winter vacation (and also my occupation) involves a few airports, a lot of baggage and i will usually cross a couple of time zones in the process....

I tend to leave things till the last minute though... more fun that way/ or way more stressful... i havnt quite decided- yet!!:eek:

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
cnewbound said:
I tend to leave things till the last minute though... more fun that way/ or way more stressful... i havnt quite decided- yet!! :eek:

Crystel, We all know with you it is always fun and rarely stress! ;)

I'm with Lil, so usually it's six months out or so. Like she said, we booked our trip for March '07 last month. And, of course, I also registered for the February Women's Alpine Adventure at Okemo last month as well.

Lucky me, for the rest of the trips, I just call my Mom and head to VT. Free lodging, free food, good friends, good times --> lucky, lucky me! :smile:
(But just between us gals . . . the maid service is terrible :D )

[just kidding, of course]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly