• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What's your favorite piece of outdoor gear?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
For an upcoming blog post, I thought I'd ask you all what your favorite piece of gear is. It doesn't even have to be ski gear -- just any piece of outdoor gear or apparel. Post it below and tell us what makes it so special.

Salomon

Certified Ski Diva
My favourite is my Häglofs down parka which is bright red .
We are big fans of Biathlon and go to watch it live most years somewhere in Europe . This parka keeps me nice and warm and toasty when standing around for hours in the cold . It has huge inside pockets where I can stash all my stuff so it save taking a back pack too . I ski in it too when it’s seriously cold .
And the very best thing about it was the price . It retails around €800 and I got it for €100 .

Tvan

Angel Diva
My running shoes. I run three times a week in Saucony Kinvara 8s. I have three pairs and I switch off between them to stretch out the wear. They have good heel support, and they are light - the two primary things I look for in a running shoe.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As I move into warmer weather and I am not touching my boat at the moment, I have to agree with @Tvan. I walk more than run but jog enough to push my heart rate. A balance of heart rate versus knees for avoiding wear and tear! I probably have a dozen pair of running shoes! My serious runners are Hoka One One and Saucony. But I have two pairs of Altra shoes with a wider foot bed that I am liking a lot.

MissySki

Angel Diva
My Pilates mat, because carpet and yoga mats aren't cushy enough.

That’s funny, I was going to say my yoga mat!

I love, love, love my Manduka pro lite yoga mat, and doing yoga by the water in the summer with it, I also brought it to a mountaintop yoga class last summer. I originally bought it for my barre classes years ago and it’s also been amazing everyday at home right now too. I love the color, how it feels, how I feel on it, everything. Been using it for quite a number of years, and still it makes me happy every time I take it out.

I also have this LL Bean boiled wool sweater that I ADORE. It’s most often the midlayer I still ski in, and I use it for other outings as well. I’ve been using it for around 10 years, and I’d buy another handful in a second if they were made again. The only place it’s worn a little thin over the years are the elbows from use. I’ve been trying to figure out how I may be able to reinforce them to prolong its life as long as possible.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My Pilates mat, because carpet and yoga mats aren't cushy enough.

I'm with you! I'm lucky to have a Tower in my home studio with a raised, padded mat. I can't use a thin mat on the floor. Also helpful when teaching online since it's easier for me to see people, and be seen, if necessary.

KWlovessnow

Angel Diva
Probably my Patagonia capliene baselayers. I have them in different weights and wear them for skiing, mountain biking, hiking, etc. They are probably my most used gear and they last forever. I have a beat-up pair I still wear from 2002.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Has to be my red thin Patagonia vest. Got it on clearance at the Denver REI quite a while ago. Isn't made any more or I would have 2-3 more in other colors. It goes with me whenever I travel, whether driving or flying. Perfect extra layer indoors or outdoors for any cool or cold temperatures.

teppaz

Angel Diva
Right now my favorite piece of outdoor gear is my bike. It's been a pleasure to ride it on the deserted NYC streets. It's a Giant road bike fitted with flat handlebars, which I had installed upside down for a more upright position — helpful to navigate our usually dense traffic. bike.jpg

Christy

Angel Diva
What a great question.

For clothes my Patagonia hooded down "sweater" and Patagonia capilene camisole with shelf bra (sadly discontinued).

For gear, my jet boil stove. It's so fast! It's a marvel.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Right now my favorite piece of outdoor gear is my bike. It's been a pleasure to ride it on the deserted NYC streets. It's a Giant road bike fitted with flat handlebars, which I had installed upside down for a more upright position — helpful to navigate our usually dense traffic. View attachment 12816

I've been thinking of how nice and how amazing it would be to ride in Manhattan these days.

teppaz

Angel Diva
I've been thinking of how nice and how amazing it would be to ride in Manhattan these days.
I haven't been there yet as I've been staying in Brooklyn, where I live. Our local park, where I usually do loops, is too crowded so I stay on the streets. I am planning to ride to Manhattan after I finish a work project later this week.
You can really envision what a city with less cars would look like because suddenly it's a daily reality.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
I haven't been there yet as I've been staying in Brooklyn, where I live. Our local park, where I usually do loops, is too crowded so I stay on the streets. I am planning to ride to Manhattan after I finish a work project later this week.
You can really envision what a city with less cars would look like because suddenly it's a daily reality.
One of the more foolish things I did as a teen was riding my bike from home to Orchard Beach in the Bronx. Could’ve been killed multiple times.

For clothing, my favorite are REI mid-weight base layers. I like how they look, feel, and fit. For gear, it’s the Mountainsmith Knockabout bag. It’s big enough for essentials but small enough to go anywhere. I can wear it either as a waist pack or a sling bag. It’s my go-to for traveling. For on-the-slopes, it’s an unknown-brand windproof gaiter I’ve owned forever. It fits my lower face perfectly, not too loose and not too tight. I prefer that to both Buffs and Turtle Furs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly