• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What's your favorite piece of outdoor gear?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure it qualifies as “outdoor gear” but this little $5 gizmo has been so helpful to me in my outdoor adventures I decided to share. For years I had been afraid to take photos from the chair lift out of fear of dropping my phone. I clipped the lanyard inside a jacket pocket and now I have the freedom to use my phone (and more importantly my phone camera) while on the lift.
View attachment 13710

I have one of those, too, and it’s great!

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not sure it qualifies as “outdoor gear” but this little $5 gizmo has been so helpful to me in my outdoor adventures I decided to share. ...

That looks really handy to have. What's it called?

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Other than my ski boots, ski's and all the usual suspects my fave piece is a low profile synthetic down jacket, super light yet super warm and wear under my ski jacket on those really cold days (ok all season as I feel the cold really bad), on its owns for spring skiing, hiking, walks etc etc its become my new fave thing :smile:

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Just got a new kayak! https://www.deltakayaks.com/delta-12-10/

My little beauty is azure blue. We live on a lake and I've been out every day. So good to be back into "yakking." I've been paddling since 1993, but it has been sporadic over the last several years. Mask-free outdoor exercise - love it.
Oooh, she is beautiful and light too! At nearly 13' she is only 41 pounds.

I have recently become enthralled with kayaks. I borrowed a friend's Old Town a couple of times and have started poking around, reading reviews and trying to figure out what I should consider. Looking to paddle on local lakes/ponds/rivers, but I would like something that could also handle some waves if I take it to Lake Champlain. I had a lot of fun in the Old Town, and love that the company is from Maine, but it was a bit heavy. Hmmm, maybe I should start a kayak thread!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Oooh, she is beautiful and light too! At nearly 13' she is only 41 pounds.

I have recently become enthralled with kayaks. I borrowed a friend's Old Town a couple of times and have started poking around, reading reviews and trying to figure out what I should consider. Looking to paddle on local lakes/ponds/rivers, but I would like something that could also handle some waves if I take it to Lake Champlain. I had a lot of fun in the Old Town, and love that the company is from Maine, but it was a bit heavy. Hmmm, maybe I should start a kayak thread!

You should! There is a paddleboard one so why not a kayak thread?

Is that lightweight for a kayak? I have no knowledge of them. My rigid 10’6” paddleboard was around 30lbs and the inflatable of the same length is 23lbs. That 7lbs loss is VERY noticeable and I’m happy to have lost them! It’s an awkward shape to carry as well though so less weight is definitely appreciated there.

Do you find that kayak easy to maneuver for transport to and from the put in?

altagirl

Staff member
I think my favorite outdoor gear is my Cotton carrier for my camera/binoculars/extra lens. It's a modular waist belt so I can have the weight of all my gear on my hips and off of my shoulders with quick releases on it so it's all handy and easy to hike with.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My Mons Royale and Icebreaker merino layers (base, midlayer, insulated jacket, socks). The downside is that wool insulated jackets smell like damp sheep if you get soaked through.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think my favorite outdoor gear is my Cotton carrier for my camera/binoculars/extra lens. It's a modular waist belt so I can have the weight of all my gear on my hips and off of my shoulders with quick releases on it so it's all handy and easy to hike with.
Ooh, I've never heard of that brand! Sounds great though. Looking at their site, is it the Sling Belt that you have?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly