• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What's your favorite piece of outdoor gear?

HikenSki

Angel Diva
For clothing Kari Traa. Perfect fit in fitness clothing which often doubles as casual clothes.

Foot wear. Xero minimalist shoes, boots and sandals. Light, comfortable. My feet can't handle any other kind of shoes.

I've got two Kari Traa pieces and have been pretty impressed with them as base layers.

Just ordered myself some Xero sandals during their 50% sale. Husband bought a pair with his REI divident last month. Looking forward to using them for every day and especially for backpacking!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Xero sandals look like Chacos....... are they similar?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okay so more of a minimalist shoe. Need to check out!
Yes, very lightweight and flexible. My trainer wears the Genesis. I haven't found many sandals that are comfortable but his looked so easy to wear so I checked them out. For sandals they have a template to measure your foot. It worked perfectly for me. I went to their office several times to try on and buy shoes. The employees, and owner, are so friendly and helpful. My Prio's get lots of compliments for some reason. I also have the Terraflex and Mika's. I've never found a high topped boot to fit the bone over the top of my foot. These do and are warm enough with wool socks for cold weather.
Once you get on their mailing list they have some great offers. Especially around Black Friday.

Jilly

Staff member
Beauty...I live on a bay that is part of Lake Ontario. I'm proud to say that I got my Canadian Yachting Associaton Youth 1st star many, many moonsago....I do what a jib and a helm's hard to lee is...

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Patagonia Houdini
hands down the best and most used, wear it every where all the time.
Ski Tour, Mountain, Bike, Hike,Horses and anywhere windy ;)

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Eddie Bauer Stowaway 20L backpack. At only 11 oz, I take it everywhere - it's my carryon, I ski with it, I hike with it, pack for a casual weekend, and take it shopping as my reusable bag. I've had it since 2013 and it looks new. With discounts, it cost me only $9, normal price was $30.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Eddie Bauer Stowaway 20L backpack. At only 11 oz, I take it everywhere - it's my carryon, I ski with it, I hike with it, pack for a casual weekend, and take it shopping as my reusable bag. I've had it since 2013 and it looks new. With discounts, it cost me only $9, normal price was $30.

I got that one this year for about the same price as you did! Love those Eddie Bauer credits!

Christy

Angel Diva

I have this. It is VERY handy for casual use, like going to a city park for a few hours, walking to the library or store, etc. My complaint is that my regular size Nalgene bottles are too big for the mesh pockets but smaller bottles fall out, though I shouldn't complain about a bag that cost me $15.

mustski

Angel Diva
I'm another vote for my Hotronics but my favorite is my Kulkea Thermal Trekker boot bag. I have neuromas in both feet and this creates circulation problems for me. The warm boots combined with hotronics are the the only reason I can ski more than a couple of hours a day.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
@Abbi - what make is your sailboat? My DH had a Sabre 28 for several years - that's how we met. We used to do the PHRF races (Class C/Cruising class) out of Wessagusset in Weymouth, MA. All the race courses were in and around Boston Harbor and Harbor Islands. We sucked and usually finished last or near last. If we weren't last it because someone ran aground or got de-masted somehow and were DNF/DQ. We also used to just sail around and visit lighthouses. We sold it when we moved to MD.

One my DC friends was big into racing. She crewed out of Annapolis/Eastport and actually traveled around the country to several races as part of a crew.

I also love polishing teak - which apparently is a very weird thing to like :becky:.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
^^ This!
Great minds think alike. :smile:
I think I own it in every color they ever made. So handy and light, it turned into my everyday handbag.

Soujan

Angel Diva
I have a love/hate relationship with this piece of gear. That would be my 2009 green Subaru Outback. It's the best piece of outdoor equipment I own but it's old and ugly. I bought it used after I lost my car in Hurricane Sandy. Now it has 149k miles on it. It's taken me from Pennsylvania, to Maine, to Montreal. I've gone skiing and camping with it. I've driven it in ALL weather conditions. We just throw all of our gear in the back and off we go.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Soujan , I have a 2011 with 191,000 miles on it. Lots of adventures in that time, but it's old and ugly too. I would upgrade, but with not being able to pay cash, don't feel like getting saddled with car payments. Old and ugly still runs great.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly