• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What's your favorite piece of outdoor gear?

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Hmm...my fav piece of gear since last fall are my New Balance Beacon v1 shoes. I swapped in some thicker HOKA insoles and it is heaven running in these shoes. So light and so cushy I own two pairs to rotate. Every time I run I smile because they absorb so much shock whether I am midfoot striking or getting tired and heel strike. I'm five months pregnant and they've been great on my run/walks.

My other fav piece of gear is my Dutchware half-zip hammock in a girly purple. I can sleep in the woods and not have back pain waking in the morning. So glad we discovered hammock camping years ago. We plan to order a hammock stand for the patio so I can use it more often this summer. Once the little one arrives in August there won't be backpacking for a few years. :-(

MilkyWookiee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For me, it would have to be Gold Bond powder! Keeping dry is an important part of staying warm in the winter and cool in the summer. It also helps hide stains on white horses in a pinch, and keeps all sorts of odors at bay.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would live in my Arc'teryx Atom LT Hoodie if I could:smile:
What color? I have a pink and a black. Sort of tired of the black but it is practical.

Back to topic, my Pilates mat isn't exactly outdoor gear. Not sure what I would name instead... skis, ski boots, ski jacket, bike, etc etc.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
What a great question.

For clothes my Patagonia hooded down "sweater" and Patagonia capilene camisole with shelf bra (sadly discontinued).

For gear, my jet boil stove. It's so fast! It's a marvel.

Which one do you have? I have a friend who's looking at them.

SqueakySnow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What color? I have a pink and a black. Sort of tired of the black but it is practical.

Back to topic, my Pilates mat isn't exactly outdoor gear. Not sure what I would name instead... skis, ski boots, ski jacket, bike, etc etc.

Black :smile: It goes with everything!

Jilly

Staff member
Couldn't live without my boot heaters. After that a powder sweater be it my Eddie Bauer or the gifted one from one of my vendors. (Red doesn't go with a Mauvey jacket though...)

But I do have a favourite Zip t-neck. It's from Salomon and was called the Moto-Mesh. It's warm, light and seems to be lasting forever. Basic black, but as stated it goes with everything.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Good point on anyone saying boot heaters, duh!!! My elements died this season, and I had to replace them asap. Reminded me exactly how likely it would be that I couldn’t ski most days in northern New England without them. My feet hurt too much from the cold without them!

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Depends on the sport and the time of year -
Biking - Right now I love my Scott Sportster bike because it gets me out of the house and can handle the sandy crappy roads here and some minor trail riding in local state parks.
Diving - I love my Aeroskin dive skins - they're lined w/ Polartec so I stay warm - I get cold even in the Caribbean, my Cressi Frog fins - stiff enough for power and speed but short enough for manueverability in tight spaces as I love macro photography
Skiing - my K2 Potion 74s - love them for carving also my shiny turquoise helmet
Overall - My Olympus TG-3 and housing - use this camera topsides and underwater - hope to upgrade this to a TG-6 soon...
Most important - My passport so I can go all the places I want to go and do all the stuff I want to do

I have too many toys.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For clothing Kari Traa. Perfect fit in fitness clothing which often doubles as casual clothes. Base layers run big but sizing is good for layering. Jackets activity oriented and also great fit. Great website sales. In spite of being shipped from Sweden packages usually arrive within a week.

Summer, my beloved custom Serotta. Has traveled many miles across this county on bicycle tours. The bike has seen many unique and interesting places in this country. Can also be used on indoor trainer for bad weather days. Newer, Giant Avail Advanced Pro with electronic shifting. Now the touring and long distance bike. Set-up on fit better, newer technology in components. Also, not ridden as much, my Giant Pique Advanced 2 mountain bike. Bicycle shoes are Pearl Izumi. Best fit for my narrow heels, wider forefoot and higher instep. Primal bicycle clothing. Local company, great deals at warehouse sales.

Winter, of course my Kari Traa base layers, mid-layer fleece jacket. Black Crows Camox skis and Technica 95 flex ski boots.

Foot wear. Xero minimalist shoes, boots and sandals. Light, comfortable. My feet can't handle any other kind of shoes.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just one? Not possible, ha ha. I love this thread by the way. Less about the actual item, but more what it represents for each woman, and who they might be based on the piece they chose.

Toss up between my dragon photochromatic lens ski goggles, a freebie pair of vasque approach hiking shoes, and a Gregory day pack that is my carry on and adventure pack on long day hikes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna