• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What's the buzz on women's skis?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
After looking over SKI magazine's ski reviews, I'm curious about what everyone thinks THE hot women's ski of the year will be (there always seems to be one or two). Any ideas?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
K2 has created a lot of buzz for their womens line this year, simply because they've changed the graphix to be a lot less flowery.
The burnin luv is a good example of a ski who's technology hasn't changed much but its graphix make it hotter than before.

I'd say the new skis in a women's line that are going to make the grade and become hot fast are the Volkl AC3 Attiva

Possibly the Volkl Attiva Aura, if you're into the freeride skis.

The K2 Nancy has picked up some buzz too!(I just can't get past the graphix on that one.)

Jilly

Staff member
I've got to try those K2's this year. I demo alot of women's skis at the NSIA show last Feb. I really liked the Salomon Rush 10 for carving and the Siam 10 for all mountain. Salomon's "women will" campaign is gaining ground too. Rossi's line up I thought was pretty poor at the top end. Good intermediate stuff, but not advanced. Nordica "olympia" line was another that I was able to take 2 different pairs out. The "speed" was a great carver. "victory" had a wider waist for all mountain. The best thing about women's skis are they are geared for us. Forward binding mounts, softer flex patterns, and the graphics are getting less "girlie". Like my Rossi Z5's, basically the same ski as the Z9 but not as stiff. I had the shop mount the binding alittle ahead of centre and they ski great.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
According to Sierra Jim,
The most requested womans ski in his shop is..............

On the women's side the runaway leader in interest so far is the Dynastar Exclusive Carve.

According to dawgcatching its...........

Gotta be the Lotta Luv's. Everyone seems to be putting their significant other first this season. I am almost sold out!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly