• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What's on your Skiing Bucket List?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
What are the top ski-related things you'd like to do in your lifetime? Skiing Corbett's? Having a front row spot at the Olympic Downhill? Meeting Bode Miller? Everyone has ski dreams. Post yours here.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Take a sabbatical and spend the winter skiing somewhere cool. I don't really care where. Preferably where there's other Divas around to ski with! I know it's not a unique fantasy, but it's (somewhat) obtainable!

Jilly

Staff member
Ski places I haven't been - Jackson Hole, Austria, New Zealand.

Get my level 3 CSIA! (working on it, working on it.)

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
1) Corbett's - not sure how realistic that is
2) Heliskiing in Alaska
3) Some kind of ski touring in Europe, and guided skiing in Chamonix or La Grave or somewhere like that
4) Skiing in South America

I'm sure I'll think of more. :smile:

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
1) Corbett's - not sure how realistic that is
2) Heliskiing in Alaska
3) Some kind of ski touring in Europe, and guided skiing in Chamonix or La Grave or somewhere like that
4) Skiing in South America

I'm sure I'll think of more. :smile:

Ooooh, my top three are Rachel's 2-4. That was easy. Specifically, Le Haute Route for no. 3.

(I'm too old to do Corbett's, so I can forget that one.)

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Yeah, I looked over Corbett's edge (and could barely do that!). So, it's not on my list! I'm not sure my CSIA level 3 is on the radar either (though if you'd told me just six years ago I'd now be a level 2 and teaching, I'd never have believed it).

What is on my list? I'd love to go heli-skiing (did cat skiing and that was great). Would love to ski South America. Really though, I'd love more than anything just to keep being able to ski for as long as possible. (And I know a pair of 87-year old twins who still ski and who are kind of my role models.)

Heddious

Certified Ski Diva
Go skiing in north america, like do a season with a van and go to Whister, Revelstoke, Kicking, Jackson, Fernie and all the other resorts.
Catskiing in Monashees. (Damn that Claim movie!)
Heliskiing as well
Ski Val d'Isere with a guy I know, who's been guiding there for ages.
Ski Colouir des Pisteurs (Val d'Isere)
Have a ski-related job (something journalistic..)
Do a 360
Learn how to rail and grab.

Think I'm gonna need two lives :S

wpsally

Certified Ski Diva
In no particular order:

backcountry on Berthoud
Silverton
South America, NZ, and Europe
Whistler (with snow this time, not rain)

Jilly

Staff member
(And I know a pair of 87-year old twins who still ski and who are kind of my role models.)

And I've skied with one and they are an inspiration!! And they are not snowplowing down the hill.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd love to ski the Steamboat Powder Cats and do Corbets.
I'd also like to spend a year completely in Winter.
Here then the southern Hemisphere. THAT would be cool!

G Hoodie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's been a while since I posted, but this thread happens to be my favorite topic!! I love to dream and scheme!

In no particular order...

- Ski tour of France and Switzerland... maybe Italy too
- Ski tour of CO ... you lucky ladies who live so close!! :smile:
- Ski Jackson Hole (hopefully I'll get to this one this year!)
- Ski Big Sky
- Ski Whistler when it's actually snowing and not raining or icy
- Huck a cliff... ok a small one.
- Charge a double black with confidence
- Re-live my best powder day ever at Snow Basin, UT (3 ft!)
- Move to SLC, be jobless and have a ski pass to ALL the mtns.
- Move to a tiny ski town, own a small business and close every time the power flies.
- Do an Avy course
- Train my dog to do avy rescue
- Learn to Tele ski
- Heliski BC
- Heliski AK
- Volunteer to do the snow survey for the USFS in the Bob Marshall Wilderness, MT (100 mile Backcountry XC Ski trip)
- Ski volkswagon-sized moguls without slowing down (and without dying) the way DH can!
- Watch the Winter X Games in person (I love skier 1/2 pipe and big air comps!)
- Ski New Zeland in JULY!

... is that a random enough list or what? Nothing like dreaming big I guess.

G Hoodie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh yeah... one more. I'd love to get a neon ski jumpsuit and get into a race with the sleaziest guy on the mountain. Of course, it would have to be the gnarliest run from the peak to the base with some awesome 80s atari music in the background. Just like in all the old movies. Then I'd have "ski-cred" for life. Wohoo!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Just realized I never answered my own question! How 'bout that!

• Ski Europe. Anywhere. I don't know enough about it, so I'd have to do some investigating, but someplace wonderful. I don't think that'd be too hard to find.
• In the west: I want to ski Jackson Hole, Big Sky, the Canadian Rockies (there are others, too, but these are the top contenders)
• Powder Cat skiing! Don't think I could take heli-skiing. I have a thing about helicopters. So this will have to do.
• I want to get really good at the bumps, though this may be a longshot (knees, you know :rolleyes:).
• I'd like to do a New England Ski Safari. Hit all the areas in VT, NH, and Maine. This is actually pretty do-able. I think it'd be fun.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
• I'd like to do a New England Ski Safari. Hit all the areas in VT, NH, and Maine. This is actually pretty do-able. I think it'd be fun.

Yes!! I've been pulling for a 1 or 2 week New England ski area roadtrip for years and none of my friends are into it. "If we take a week off, we're going out west." I think it's an awesome idea, though it would be nice if you could plan your departure day kind of last minute to get the best weather.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No order, but:

*Silverton
*Alps
*get into backcountry
*heli skiing Alaska or somewhere
*British Columbia somewhere

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's funny - I started thinking about all the stuff I want to do, but I also started thinking about what I HAVE done. It's amazing to look back at what your list would have looked like ten years ago and realized how much you've done.

Things I have checked off my list:
Learned to backcountry ski (uh...I think I took this one and ran with it :D)
Summitted and skied off Mt Superior (and several other peaks I NEVER thought I'd do)
Skied in Wolverine Cirque
Skied Teton Pass and Grand Teton National Park
Skied in Alaska (not done with that place yet, see below)
Did a skiing hut trip

Things I still want to do:
Hele-skiing in Alaska
Hut-to-hut in CO or BC
Hut-to-hut in Europe
An all-girls ski trip with my rippin girlfriends - I don't care where!

My to-do list is surprisingly short, but I think it's because I'm so content with the skiing I get to do every weekend at home. Cheesy yes, but true. :love:

niko

Certified Ski Diva
ski in south America
heli-ski pref in alaska
ski road trip in usa
ski tour in europe

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
A Lygen lodge trip in Norway and a ski trip to Northern Japan.

MaryLou

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
* Keeping my body in shape and uninjured so I can ski into my 70s (heck...make that 80s).
* Ski So. America in summer
* Ski Utah
* Ski a bumped up Mary Jane that I've drooled over for years
* Ski Europe
* Cat ski trip - like SkiDiva - no desire to ever get into a helicopter.
* Ski trip out west with all 3 of my kids and DH, once they are all good enough to ski all the terrain.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna