• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What's in your ski bag?

newboots

Angel Diva
I made a list, last year, and used it all season. As a novice, I was scared of getting all the way to the mountain and missing something essential. @kiki and @marymack suggested starting a thread. What's on your list?

My list assumes I'm wearing base layers and my parka.

Here's my list from memory (quite fallible; that's why I need a list!):

skis
boots
helmet
heated boot bag, plugged into car outlet!
mittens/gloves
glove liners
ski socks
spare ski socks
chemical hand and toe warmers
extra hand and toe warmers
ski pants
neck gaiter
helmet liner or headband
various layers, depending on weather report
cell phone
$ in pocket of parka, also one credit card
Chap-stick
bandaids
ibuprofen or naproxyn
Ziess anti-fog spray for glasses and goggles
small towel
water bottle
snacks
chocolate

Okay, gals! What did I forget?

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I keep my boot bag packed (I take things out to dry, then put them back in) with: boots, helmet, gloves, goggles, neck gaiter, ski pants.
Skis, poles and ski jacket go in the back of the car.
I usually drive up the day before I'm actually going to ski, so my overnight (or 2) bag contains enough base layers, socks, and underwear for each ski day. Plus pajamas and cozy apres clothing. And a swimsuit if I'll be sharing the hot tub. Sunscreen is kept in my toiletry kit. I keep chapstick in my ski jacket. Season pass stays in jacket (might have to change this season since I now have more than one ski jacket). I had the system down last season; I was up in Tahoe just about anytime I wasn't working :smile:.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I maintain various travel packing lists on Google Drive. My BF and I rent @skibum4ever 's condo, bring our own linens, and clean it ourselves. I try to travel light. LOL I assume that I have my driver's license, health id card, credit card, and sunglasses.

This list below is for a 3-4 day car trip to Mammoth. I got a hard shell jacket on sale after last season, so that might change the mix, we'll see. I usually have the household bag, food bag, ski bags, boot bag, and an overnight bag. The heavier shoes just get tossed behind the seat.

Mammoth Ski trip packing list updated

Equipment: Season pass, skis, poles, boots, helmet, goggles, gloves/mittens, neck gaiter, gaiters, xc skis, xc boots, xc poles

Ski clothes: ski pants, ski jacket, Gore-Tex shell, puffy mid-layer, 2 pairs ski socks

Base layers: bottom base layer, 2 top base layers, wicking t-shirt, fleece

Clothes: shorts, jeans, tops & T’s, lounge-y wear, wool sweater, wool beanie

Socks & U-wear: 2 pairs socks, bed socks, underwear, sports bra, regular bra

Shoes: hikers, flip flops, sneakers, Sorels, slippers

Other: Toiletries, Kindle, chargers, hydration backpack, iPad, knitting, glasses & contacts, sharp knife, paper towels

Food/Cooler bags: tea, Dandy Blend, ho-cho, honey, fruit, almond butter, herbs & spices, olive oil & balsamic, snacks, sandwich meat

Household bag: sheets, pillow cases, 2 bath towels, 2 kitchen towels, my pillow, sleeping bag, sharp knife, cleaning rags, paper towels

Car: ice scraper, chains, shovel, brush

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a very thin wallet made from an old tent fly and some velcro in which I keep money, cc, insurance card, and license when skiing, biking, etc. It's so thin that I can just take it out of my ski pants pocket and put it into my regular wallet. I like that it keeps all of my valuables together in my pocket. It's very similar to this:

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Butterfly-Wallet-Thinnest-Lightest/dp/B00EPW17C4

Though a snack-size ziploc would work as well.

Jilly

Staff member
I love walking out the door and up to the lift. I dread going back to packing a bag and the car.

But I do carry daily....wallet with cash, ID and credit card, lip balm and phone. And Road ID bracelet.

mustski

Angel Diva
For a regular ski day, I don’t carry much. Phone, pass, license, credit car, AAA card, health insurance card, chapstick, and eye drops. That’s pretty much it. I wear my ski clothes. We do a quick verbal check as we go out the door - gloves, poles, boots, glasses?

Traveling is a whole other ballgame!

Ice Queen

Certified Ski Diva
I made a list, last year, and used it all season. As a novice, I was scared of getting all the way to the mountain and missing something essential. @kiki and @marymack suggested starting a thread. What's on your list?

My list assumes I'm wearing base layers and my parka.

Here's my list from memory (quite fallible; that's why I need a list!):

skis
boots
helmet
heated boot bag, plugged into car outlet!
mittens/gloves
glove liners
ski socks
spare ski socks
chemical hand and toe warmers
extra hand and toe warmers
ski pants
neck gaiter
helmet liner or headband
various layers, depending on weather report
cell phone
$ in pocket of parka, also one credit card
Chap-stick
bandaids
ibuprofen or naproxyn
Ziess anti-fog spray for glasses and goggles
small towel
water bottle
snacks
chocolate

Okay, gals! What did I forget?
You didn't list the actual goggles. Just the anti-fog spray.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sunscreen for pocket....
Definitely!

List in Post #1 is missing goggles although has the anti-fog spray. :smile: I have Smith I/OS so always have one or two other lenses.

I usually have an extra pair of gloves. During early or late season, the two pairs of gloves are usually for different levels of warmth.

Boot bag usually has a simple cable ski lock, although I don't use it often. Sometimes have cat tracks.

There are times when I also have my laptop in the boot bag, with a charger. That's more common at my home mountain.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I love walking out the door and up to the lift. I dread going back to packing a bag and the car.

But I do carry daily....wallet with cash, ID and credit card, lip balm and phone. And Road ID bracelet.
I recently got a Road ID bracelet for cycling. Good idea to bring it skiing... I'm an out the door to the slopes kind of person as well. No backpack - just walk/or shuttle to lifts.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My day-to-day or year-to-year ski bag is a bit of a mess and a little bit of whatever but it hasn't failed me yet:

- ski boots
- boot gloves
- helmet
- goggles
- beanie
- duct tape
- 2 zip pulleys, each with a ski lock key, and a ski lock in the bag separate. i attach my lift tickets/passes to the zip pulls. makes for easy removal and if you change clothes you just move the pulley over to your new jacket/pants (useful in spring skiing when temps are all over).
- Dermatone
- O'Keeffe's Working Hands on rec from @ride_ski
- some crappy Smith goggle squeegee I rarely use
- boot heater batteries
- charging cable for my boot heater batteries
- heavy duty leather mittens
- Michael Jackson gold glove liners I only use on the coldest of days
- Leki trigger attachment piece that fits around my gloves
- Columbia gloves and matching liners that I won from @ski diva at Big Sky in a random raffle
- purple neck gaiter
- unisex one-size-fits-all Under Armour balaclava/mask/hood that is really the best thing ever
- hairbrush
- apres hat

Last edited:

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a set of I/OS lenses. I generally just put in a lens and went with it for the day. This is my first year with the Dragon Transitions goggles, so I'm looking forward to not having to think about it anymore.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have a set of I/OS lenses. I generally just put in a lens and went with it for the day. This is my first year with the Dragon Transitions goggles, so I'm looking forward to not having to think about it anymore.
OH I need to check those out.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna