• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What would you buy? Cheater GS or SL ski?

SKIMOM2

Diva in Training
There are a lot of options and I am feeling overwhelmed! I am a former racer (ten plus years ago). I would put my skill level at expert. I live in the midwest and ski primarily here. I do some mountain skiing every year. I am going to be doing some "beer league" skiing, and cruising around after my kids who are just starting racing. I am 5' 9" and about 160. Would you buy a cheater GS Ski? Or a longer SL ski? And what size would be good? I am hoping to save some money and buy used.... The kids keep growing and needing new equipment! Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Jilly

Staff member
I'd buy a tuned down race ski. The 8S oversized from Rossi is just that type. Not as stiff as the 9S, but the same dimensions. Another choice might be the Salomon 24 hrs Daytona. Both of these skis are what a lot of the instructors are on at Tremblant.

I own the 8S as the Attraxion 12. It was only available 1 year. You might find some used or non current around.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For versatility and fun factor, I'd buy a longer SL, and not necessarily a cheater, either. some of the racestock SLs are gobs of fun for free skiing (others not so much). My carver of choice is actually DH's 165 racestock P60 SLs....fun, fun, fun!! My 155s get a bit squirrelly when really hauling @ss.

The SLs will also help you on the race course when they put up a turny set. Better to let the SLs run than to have to crank on the GSs and skid or blow the turn.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly