• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I just finished Jury Duty on Amazon (free with ads). It's about a guy who is on jury duty but he doesn't know that everyone (jury, lawyers, judge, bailiff, prosecutor, defendant, everyone he interacts with) is an actor. All the actors do crazy things but just enough where it's still believable. Truly amazing lol
Oh, I started watching that and then forgot. I'll have top pick it back up!

Anyone watching Ted Lasso? I'm so sad if it's really over.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I've been in the NBA playoff, YELLOWJACKETS and SUCCESSION world, so I will need something new, and soon.

I watched the first season of YOU (Netflix) and really liked it. Anyone watched beyond the first season?
I LOVE Yellowjackets, such a crazy and engrossing show!

I just finished season 3 of You.. I didn’t like 3 as much as 1 and 2, but still like it and will watch season 4 next.

Also just started the Netflix series Full Swing last night which is like a docuseries on how PGA players train and play and the whole PGA v LIV situation.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I just finished Jury Duty on Amazon (free with ads). It's about a guy who is on jury duty but he doesn't know that everyone (jury, lawyers, judge, bailiff, prosecutor, defendant, everyone he interacts with) is an actor. All the actors do crazy things but just enough where it's still believable. Truly amazing lol

We're watching Jury Duty now. So funny! Even better is to follow each episode with the cast commentary. You get a great insight into what went into making it.

Anyone watching The Righteous Gemstones? It's about a family of evangelical preachers who run a mega-church, and it's both awful and hilarious. On MAX (aka HBO).

Just finished re-watching The Sopranos, also on MAX. We'd seen it years ago, but I stlll think it's one of the best things I've ever seen on TV. I usually don't watch anything violent, but this is so good I actually overlook it (I shut my eyes). Truly, it's amazing.

Last edited:

Tvan

Angel Diva
@Lmk92 - We watched the last episode last night and I bawled like a baby. I'm ready to watch the whole show all over again from the beginning. So sad it's over.

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We just started watching Jury Duty... it's hilarious!

I feel like the only one in the world who hasn't seen Ted Lasso... we don't have Apple TV but are thinking of signing up just to see this show.

We also love Abbot Elementary. It's on ABC but we stream it through Hulu. It's hilarious especially as each character develops.

Tvan

Angel Diva
@jthree - it’s soooo worth it. Ted Lasso is marvelous.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anyone mention "only murders in the building"? Steve Martin, Martin Short, Selena Gomez, Merrill Streep and a bunch of guests-- the 3rd season starts this August- 1 and 2 are great- and leave you hanging for season 3

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anyone mention "only murders in the building"? Steve Martin, Martin Short, Selena Gomez, Merrill Streep and a bunch of guests-- the 3rd season starts this August- 1 and 2 are great- and leave you hanging for season 3
Yes! All 3 of us J's love this show. Can't wait for season 3-

Bookworm

Angel Diva
We just started watching Jury Duty... it's hilarious!

I feel like the only one in the world who hasn't seen Ted Lasso... we don't have Apple TV but are thinking of signing up just to see this show.

We also love Abbot Elementary. It's on ABC but we stream it through Hulu. It's hilarious especially as each character develops.
I've heard from so many people about Jury Duty. Where is it shown?

MissySki

Angel Diva
I started watching Grey’s Anatomy this past week and I am so hooked!

I know, it’s not new by any means.. but when it started in 2005 I was in college and tv didn’t really register much with how busy I was I guess. And I somehow never watched it after that either. Now I get something like 19 seasons to binge? Pretty excited by that haha.. I am currently on season 2.

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
Caveat that I didn't read back through the whole thread, but over the last year or so I have been on a real "coming of age" drama kick (perhaps driven by nostalgia now that my kid is on the cusp of being a teen?) I loved Atypical, Heartstopper, Never Have I Ever -- all on Netflix, I think. Also really enjoyed Kim's Convenience. And Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Prime) which just released the finale, so if you were waiting to watch it until you could binge the whole thing, now is your time! LOL

I am currently in the process of persuading my husband that we should get Apple TV just for the summer so we can binge watch Ted Lasso.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Caveat that I didn't read back through the whole thread, but over the last year or so I have been on a real "coming of age" drama kick (perhaps driven by nostalgia now that my kid is on the cusp of being a teen?) I loved Atypical, Heartstopper, Never Have I Ever -- all on Netflix, I think. Also really enjoyed Kim's Convenience. And Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Prime) which just released the finale, so if you were waiting to watch it until you could binge the whole thing, now is your time! LOL

I am currently in the process of persuading my husband that we should get Apple TV just for the summer so we can binge watch Ted Lasso.
I LOVED Ted Lasso. Watched the series three times through now, haha

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I signed up for a 3 mo Apple TV subscription and finally started watching Ted Lasso last week. LOVE it. I'm in Season 3.

Am also watching Silo, a sci-fi dystopian show that's on Apple TV and re-watching Breaking Bad on Netflix.

Will probably start Ted Lasso all over again once I'm done with Season 3.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Schitt's Creek. Hilarious and also very feel-good comedy. If you're sad that Ted Lasso is over, this is great series to binge.

I think my top 3 shows that I just love to binge because they are really funny while being fundamentally decent and positive and lovely worlds to spend time in are Parks and Recreation, Ted Lasso, and Schitt's Creek. If anyone has other recommendations in this sort of genre I would love to hear!

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I signed up for a 3 mo Apple TV subscription and finally started watching Ted Lasso last week. LOVE it. I'm in Season 3.

Am also watching Silo, a sci-fi dystopian show that's on Apple TV and re-watching Breaking Bad on Netflix.

Will probably start Ted Lasso all over again once I'm done with Season 3.
Glad to hear it! I just started watching the Crowded Room, also on Apple TV. . I remember reading the book back in the 80's. So far, they're doing a GREAT job with the miniseries, which stars Tom Holland.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly