• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

altagirl

Staff member
Yeah, when you know everything, you'll want to go back and see how it's all put together. One of my favorite shows.

I watched a ton of this over this past (rainy and windy) weekend and keep wanting to talk about this but am not sure what to say that isn't a spoiler. On the other hand, it's so mind bending that I feel like the spoilers might not spoil that much.... But anyway. I just discovered the website where it shows the family tree to try to make more sense of it all. I appreciate the family tree on the website (much better than the piece of paper where I was drawing a family tree and it was getting really messy and incomprehensible).

I will say - I love that it's one of those shows where you have no clue who the "good guys" are. They're all a mess, have all done horrible things, and at least almost all of them are desperately trying to fix everything and trying to sort out what the right thing actually is. So much more interesting than yet another predictable good vs. evil show.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
... I will say - I love that it's one of those shows where you have no clue who the "good guys" are. They're all a mess, have all done horrible things, and at least almost all of them are desperately trying to fix everything and trying to sort out what the right thing actually is. So much more interesting than yet another predictable good vs. evil show.

This is a few years old now, but that was exactly what DH and I really enjoyed about Wild Wild Country on Netflix. Right up until the end, you have no idea who's "good" and who's "bad". So I guess if you like shows that tie up neatly / have a clear message / etc, it might not be for you. :smile:

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I watched a ton of this over this past (rainy and windy) weekend and keep wanting to talk about this but am not sure what to say that isn't a spoiler. On the other hand, it's so mind bending that I feel like the spoilers might not spoil that much.... But anyway. I just discovered the website where it shows the family tree to try to make more sense of it all. I appreciate the family tree on the website (much better than the piece of paper where I was drawing a family tree and it was getting really messy and incomprehensible).

I will say - I love that it's one of those shows where you have no clue who the "good guys" are. They're all a mess, have all done horrible things, and at least almost all of them are desperately trying to fix everything and trying to sort out what the right thing actually is. So much more interesting than yet another predictable good vs. evil show.
I tried to map it out, too! I think I've seen that website, and I agree - they did a much better job than I did, haha.

I also appreciate more complex characters. Europeans seem to do a better job with this than we do. I've noticed in several crime dramas from different countries, the heroes are often flawed. Case in point, my current binge - Marcella. Man, she's a mess.

Having said that, my son and I watch The Americans (Prime) together, and I'm pretty impressed at how they don't paint the Americans or the Russians as the "good guys". We're on the last season, and I'm still waiting to figure out what those writers/producers think. It's set in the 80's, so no shockers coming, but how it will be portrayed will be interesting.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Oooh, The Americans has been on my list for years. I’ve gotta watch it.

gingerjess

Angel Diva
I've been watching "Valeria" on Netflix; it's a Spanish-language show about a struggling author and her group of friends, all trying to figure out life in Madrid in their late 20s. Would recommend, although I certainly would it call it a light show.

Christy

Angel Diva
The final episode of the Americans was one of the best things I've ever seen on tv. I did think the series went on too long, and I thought the violence and sex were gratuitous--I always pictured network execs telling the producers more, more--but I'm glad I hung in there.

newboots

Angel Diva
My book club once read a book about the history of chocolate (I think) and I gained a lot of weight that month! Not to mention, when we met we all brought our favorites . . . waaaay too much chocolate, and that is coming from someone who describes chocolate as her most effective anxiolytic. (Anti-anxiety medication.)

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I am loving watching the British comedy series Taskmaster. It’s a panel show where 5 comedians are assigned various ridiculous tasks. Various problem solving hijinks ensue. It’s free on YouTube!

Bookworm

Angel Diva
There's a documentary series called HEIST. I just watched 2 episodes in the series about "Pappygate" which was about the theft of many bottles of Pappy Van Winkle from Buffalo Trace in 2013. Even if you're not a bourbon geek, it's a great doc - the characters, and ultimately, the irony. It's really good and well done.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am loving watching the British comedy series Taskmaster. It’s a panel show where 5 comedians are assigned various ridiculous tasks. Various problem solving hijinks ensue. It’s free on YouTube!
Finally someone else watching Taskmaster! If you really want to nerd out on it, there's a companion podcast where they talk about a different episode each week.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There's an excellent documentary series just come out on Disney called Among the Stars. It follows astronauts and other NASA staff for a couple of years I think, attempting to repair a complicated piece of kit on the ISS. Binge watched it over a 2 evenings.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Has anyone seen the Medici series? If so, what do you think of it?
Not subscribed to Netflix but considering because I am interested in the Medici series.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gilly1965