• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

newboots

Angel Diva
So weird to see all those people out and about without masks! (I'm enjoying this movie too!)

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Happy New Years, divas. I've been watching a Korean rom-com-action Crash Landing On You on Netflix. If you don't mind English subtitles, I recommend it. It is corny for the first 2 episodes but I was addicted by episode 3. I'm on episode 14 of 16.

Also watched Ozark on Netflix. Dark (figuratively and literally), violent, and somewhat depressing, because no one has any moral character or redeeming virtues. But I watched all 3 seasons and am looking forward to the fourth and final season in the future, so it's as addictive as the heroin that its storyline turns on. Good acting, with Laura Linney.

Last edited:

gingerjess

Angel Diva
Happy New Years, divas. I've been watching a Korean rom-com-action Crash Landing On You on Netflix. If you don't mind English subtitles, I recommend it. It is corny for the first 2 episodes but I was addicted by episode 3. I'm on episode 14 of 16.

I've watched a couple episodes so far and am enjoying it! It somehow manages to be somewhat lighthearted, which is shocking given the setting. I'd have watched more by now, but the movie-length episodes make it hard to just pick up in spare time.

I'm also halfway through my second run through Netflix's new regency romance series, Bridgerton. The costumes and drama are delicious.

Christy

Angel Diva
I heard Fran Lebowitz last night on Fresh Air and so checked out the new Netflix series Martin Scorsese made with/about her ("Pretend it's a City"). I thought it was very funny--there were many lol moments.

newboots

Angel Diva
Fran Lebowitz is fabulous! I'll listen to the episode and watch the series!

Currently watching "Reign" for guilty pleasure/distraction from national politics.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Not on Netflix, but "Dexter" is back on Amazon Prime Video! If you've never watched this series, I warn you -- it's addicting. While the subject matter is rather odd, the writing is so good that it's hard to even stop watching in-between episodes. It's a great series to binge-watch! And I recently read that Dexter will be back -- new episodes are being filmed right now!

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Dexter - +1 @TNtoTaos . I feel like a freak saying it but I enjoyed it so much, especially that season with John Lithgow.
I kniw -- enjoying it was like a guilty pleasure, LOL -- kind of like pigging-out on some food that's really bad for you when no one is watching!

newboots

Angel Diva
I had similar reactions to Dexter. Cheering for the murderer is not our usual response! I think the show's creators had a certain genius to make us all squirm a bit but not stop watching.

newboots

Angel Diva
At this moment I’m watching “Becoming,” about Michele Obama. Such a moving story of a woman, a feminist, finding herself and trying to hold onto herself through the chaos of being First Lady. Needing to be an equal partner in her marriage. What a challenge!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
At this moment I’m watching “Becoming,” about Michele Obama. Such a moving story of a woman, a feminist, finding herself and trying to hold onto herself through the chaos of being First Lady. Needing to be an equal partner in her marriage. What a challenge!
Her book was great.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Bridegerton--- sorry, not for me. Much too slow and soapy for me. I couldn't make it through the first episodee. I was thinking, "here's my girl time sit and knit" show. Nope. I prefer my period drama more like Poldark or Last Kingdom. Cheers

Now, we did check out Lupin on Netflix last night. That looks like it will be quite interesting.

Christy

Angel Diva
Bridegerton--- sorry, not for me. Much too slow and soapy for me. I couldn't make it through the first episodee. I was thinking, "here's my girl time sit and knit" show. Nope. I prefer my period drama more like Poldark or Last Kingdom.

It was also not for me. I made it through 3 or 4 episodes. I thought the characters were boring. I didn't care who Lady Whistledown was. It could have been any number of people and it wouldn't have mattered. It made me think a lot about character development. Why is Bojack Horseman--a cartoon horse-man on Netflix--such a great character and Daphne Bridgerton is such a zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly