• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I enjoy Lucifer a lot! Agreed with the others here, it's just a good fun show.

I haven't gotten around to watching Good Omens yet though. I enjoyed the book far too much and have convinced myself I won't like the show because I'll be comparing it to the book the whole time!
Ooooh, I had an Audible credit and just ordered the book to listen to. I think I will start there and then move onto the show if I can bring myself to, lol!

newboots

Angel Diva
Thumbs up for The Trial of the Chicago 7 on Netflix

Yes, for those of us (sort of) old enough to remember it, watching the movie was quite an experience. I was in high school and vaguely aware of it. The media coverage was much less supportive of the defendants than the movie was.

Truly a story for our time.

COcanuck

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did just start watching the Queen's Gambit last night - which is really good. DH even likes it, which means now I'm stuck waiting for him to watch the next episode. Sigh...

I started it too, hubs fell asleep but he was really tired after staying up late for the election. First 2 episodes have been really entertaining so far! Side note, I bought "Story Time Chess" for my kids during the pandemic so I could teach them and my 7 year old has really taken off with it. I taught my hubby too and my daughter has been beating the pants off him, lol!

Christy

Angel Diva
The Crown is back! It's very enjoyable so far (watched 3 episodes yesterday). I was never particularly interested in Princess Diana probably because my best friend was obsessed with her and her wedding, and I found it all very annoying since I was never the type of girl to be obsessed with weddings, but I am enjoying the storyline with her.

gingerjess

Angel Diva
The Crown is back! It's very enjoyable so far (watched 3 episodes yesterday). I was never particularly interested in Princess Diana probably because my best friend was obsessed with her and her wedding, and I found it all very annoying since I was never the type of girl to be obsessed with weddings, but I am enjoying the storyline with her.

It is really good! Gillian Anderson as Margaret Thatcher is a treasure. I will say that I found the third episode pretty upsetting, but I'm also pretty sure that I was supposed to.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Watching The Crown as well. I actually don't like Gillian Anderson as Thatcher all that much - though her voice is excellent. I think Charles is very good and Camilla's not bad. Diana seems good. An article in The Guardian today writes about the inaccuracies. Basically I think we shouldn't take the series as historical truth but more of a dramatization based on true events. Fun viewing though.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I heard an interview with her on NPR yesterday. After all those years as Scully, it was weird to hear her with an British accent. They talked some about where she grew up (partly here in Grand Rapids, MI) and how she consciously chooses whether to speak American or British when she's doing interviews.* She also said if there are both an American and a Brit on the interview it makes it hard for her!

*That sentence was surprisingly hard to word. Basically, she's choosing her accent.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ohh we just got a new TV.... Hub insisted....

I have a newer, larger, low end one being delivered tomorrow! I figure if I’m going to get stuck in the house again I might as well have a bigger screen to watch. I used my travel points from the credit card towards the TV instead of the travel I do not expect to do for quite a while. ☹️ I will move the current one upstairs and still have a 32 inch TV stuck in a closet in Vermont.

gingerjess

Angel Diva
Those who know me well will tell you of my love for fluffy romantic feel-good movies, so of course this weekend I watched the sequel to Netflix's 2018 release, The Princess Switch.

In the original, Vanessa Hudgens stars as Stacy, a type-A baker from Chicago competing in an international Christmas baking competition with a carefree lifelong friend, and Vanessa Hudgens co-stars as Margaret, a carefree royal duchess engaged to a type-A royal prince who is overseeing the contest.

Antics ensue.

This year, Vanessa Hudgens and Vanessa Hudgens return to those roles, and Vanessa Hudgens joins the cast as Fiona, Margaret's spendthrift cousin. What could happen?

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On HBO, The Undoing (Hugh Grant & Nicole Kidman) is great.

newboots

Angel Diva
I was astonished to discover that I loved a new Netflix movie called “Holiday in the Wild” or maybe “Christmas in the Wild.” Yes, it’s a mildly soppy Christmas chick flick. But with baby elephants! Lots of baby elephants, and adults too. And gorgeous scenery of Zambia, and other wild animals.

Strongly recommended!

Christy

Angel Diva
I got an Apple TV+ subscription last year for free when I bought a new iPad, and I've been enjoying Ted Lasso the last few weeks. For a TV show based on a couple ironic TV ads about how little most Americans understand about what the rest of the world calls football, it has a surprising amount of heart, and seems to really love its characters in a way that I find rare.

I watched the first episode of Ted Lasso a while ago and thought it was fine but didn't get around to picking it up again until this last weekend. I'm really liking it now! It's nice to watch something so positive and sweet, though it doesn't feel sappy. There are laugh out loud moments and that has hooked me.

SMichael08

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I watched the first episode of Ted Lasso a while ago and thought it was fine but didn't get around to picking it up again until this last weekend. I'm really liking it now! It's nice to watch something so positive and sweet, though it doesn't feel sappy. There are laugh out loud moments and that has hooked me.
I've had Ted Lasso recommended a few times now. Will have to add to my list. A couple other shows I've enjoyed but haven't seen mentioned in this thread:
Orphan Black
Catastrophe

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've had Ted Lasso recommended a few times now. Will have to add to my list. A couple other shows I've enjoyed but haven't seen mentioned in this thread:
Orphan Black
Catastrophe
I forgot about Orphan Black! It's great.

Christy

Angel Diva
I've had Ted Lasso recommended a few times now. Will have to add to my list.

We ended up watching the whole series twice. With the accents and the quick talking, we knew we'd missed some jokes, and it's such a feel-good series that it felt great to see it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly