• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

COcanuck

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm all caught up on The Boys - I agree that it's often disturbingly graphic and, well... just disturbing in general. But hard to stop watching. They do a great job of making you REALLY dislike some characters! And it's a pretty unique take on the superhero genre.

I have to find time to finish it by myself, my husband has given up on it, lol!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
This Is Us just started a new (and last?) season on Hulu, and if you liked Parenthood, or in general like shows that make you cry, I can't recommend it highly enough. This Is Us seasons 1 & 2 in particular are really really good for that genre.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have to find time to finish it by myself, my husband has given up on it, lol!

I tried to get into the first season and couldn't. I like a more lighthearted superhero tale, myself. Anyway, The Boys comic series was written by an author known for that type of stuff, as the kids would say these days, he tends to be a 'total edgelord' with his over the top plotlines and writing, and I've heard that the actual comic is even worse (ie being ott) than the series.

gingerjess

Angel Diva
I tried to get into the first season and couldn't. I like a more lighthearted superhero tale, myself. Anyway, The Boys comic series was written by an author known for that type of stuff, as the kids would say these days, he tends to be a 'total edgelord' with his over the top plotlines and writing, and I've heard that the actual comic is even worse (ie being ott) than the series.

Have you tried Supergirl? It's a relatively optimistic show at heart.

COcanuck

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I've heard the comics are outrageously graphic....

newboots

Angel Diva
I finished it and I'm pleased. Something about imagining being that kind of genius - I could never visualize past my own move when I tried to play chess!

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did just start watching the Queen's Gambit last night - which is really good. DH even likes it, which means now I'm stuck waiting for him to watch the next episode. Sigh...
Same! I'm a few episodes in now. I'm enjoying it!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
On Netflix:
The Umbrella Academy - watched with husband and waiting for new
Lucifer - watched with husband and waiting for new
The Queen’s Gambit - started last night with husband
Grace and Frankie - I watch this solo, so taking longer

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On Netflix:
The Umbrella Academy - watched with husband and waiting for new
Lucifer - watched with husband and waiting for new
The Queen’s Gambit - started last night with husband
Grace and Frankie - I watch this solo, so taking longer

I watch Lucifer earlier this year! It’s kind of silly but it really sucks you in! The Queen’s Gambit is on my ‘to be watched soon‘ list.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I could easily see myself doing a Harry Potter marathon as well. I’m going to have to quarantine some to get into Vermont. So I will be looking for distractions besides packing the car.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I watch Lucifer earlier this year! It’s kind of silly but it really sucks you in! The Queen’s Gambit is on my ‘to be watched soon‘ list.
I love Lucifer. I really appreciate being entertained - it is well written, funny, romantic and also plays with religion and religious concepts without getting sucked into it.

newboots

Angel Diva
Ooh, adding Lucifer to my list!

I watched a few episodes of Vexed, a Brit cop sitcom (how many slang abbreviations can I string together?). It's pretty silly, but I've been needing lighthearted.

altagirl

Staff member
I love Lucifer. I really appreciate being entertained - it is well written, funny, romantic and also plays with religion and religious concepts without getting sucked into it.
Agreed - it's a good one. Nothing too heavy, just entertaining.

Good Omens (I think that's an Amazon Prime show) is another along that line of a very funny, unique and entertaining show based on religion, but in a lighthearted way. I also love that Frances McDormand is the voice of God. And the hellhound looks like one of my dogs, which makes me laugh endlessly.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I enjoy Lucifer a lot! Agreed with the others here, it's just a good fun show.

I haven't gotten around to watching Good Omens yet though. I enjoyed the book far too much and have convinced myself I won't like the show because I'll be comparing it to the book the whole time!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly