• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@surfsnowgirl I watched Wayward Pines last night! Only because Fox bribed me with the promise of never before seen X-Files footage during the show, but I watched!! It looked pretty good, overall. I watched the very first episode off On Demand beforehand with the hope that I'd have half a clue what was going on in last night's episode. For the most part I was still very lost and confused, but that was to be expected given all the episodes I'd missed between episode 1 and last night. I think I'll go back and watch the rest at some point.

@tinymoose glad you checked it out. Its one of those where something happens in every episode to link everything together so I can see how it would be confusing if you just watched the first one and then last nights as a lot happened in between. Let me know what you think if you go back and check out the rest. How was the x files footage?

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It was good! Just a very short trailer... but I screeched when I saw the I Want to Believe poster on the ground. Like full on screech, throw your hands in the air like someone just scored...

This is the trailer if anyone cares. If you don't, I'll just sit here and rewatch it another 700 times. :wink:

Jenny

Angel Diva
It was good! Just a very short trailer... but I screeched when I saw the I Want to Believe poster on the ground. Like full on screech, throw your hands in the air like someone just scored...

This is the trailer if anyone cares. If you don't, I'll just sit here and rewatch it another 700 times. :wink:

That was short! Wonder if there's any episodes we should re-watch before then? I'm going to need a refresher course. Some things were hard enough to keep track of the first time.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just started watching Empire today - it's on Fox; not sure about Netflix. I accidentally watched 7 episodes, so I guess I like it =) Season 2 doesn't start till September.

I just started watching Empire today - it's on Fox; not sure about Netflix. I accidentally watched 7 episodes, so I guess I like it =) Season 2 doesn't start till September.

One of my favorite shows. Its on Hulu Plus I know but not sure about netflix either. I guess it was renewed for its second season on the 2nd night it aired, the buzz was that great. I heard its the most successful show on TV in a LONG time. I am a huge hip hop fan and loved shows like dynasty and melrose place and this show is a combination of all of those. I absolutely love this show, its the most contrived thing I've ever seen. Gay son who father doesn't accept him, other son who would be perfect but he's married to a white woman and on and on. Just when I think that's it they reveal something else. Season 2 starts on September 23 :smile:. Keep watching it gets better and better.

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sherlock
Life on Mars (whished Ashes to Ashes was avaialable, read somewhere that it was once on Netflix but they took it out)
Peaky Blinders
Broadchurch
Sons of Anarchy (when it has to be something not too ambitious)
Dr. Who (as it was never shown in Austria as far as I can remember :smile: )
Fjällbacka (based on Camilla Läckberg)

beside this my bf liked:
Fargo
Breaking Bad
Better call Saul
The walking dead

'Austrian' Netflix is way behind the ones in UK or US :(
You could use a proxy server like Hola so that Netflix thinks you are in the US or UK to access different stuff.DS put us onto that.
I loved:
Broadchurch(David Tennant is just ridiculouly sexy!)
OITNB
Life on Mars(UK version) but didnt like Ashes to Ashes
The Fall(very disturbing but really engaging)
Les Revenants(the original French version with subtitles)
Sherlock

Breaking bad was great but sooo depressing.DH loved it along with Dexter and Game of Thrones which I find to be a bit too graphic so I often end up looking away until the squelchy disembowling noises have finished.But the dragons are amazing.Totally love the dragons.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That was short! Wonder if there's any episodes we should re-watch before then? I'm going to need a refresher course. Some things were hard enough to keep track of the first time.

There's going to be another X-Files clip tonight, Jenny! During Wayward Pines again, just like last week. If you wanted to do a refresher course of the X-Files you could just rewatch the mytharc episodes and skip the monster-of-the-week episodes (MOTW). Although, IMO, some of the best episodes are MOTW.

This page lists all X-Files episodes, and the mythology/mytharc ones have a * by them: https://insidethex.co.uk/

-- Signed, Resident X-Files Nerd

tumblr_mqqfj8n4oT1qb9fl4o4_r2_250.gif

Jenny

Angel Diva
There's going to be another X-Files clip tonight, Jenny! During Wayward Pines again, just like last week. If you wanted to do a refresher course of the X-Files you could just rewatch the mytharc episodes and skip the monster-of-the-week episodes (MOTW). Although, IMO, some of the best episodes are MOTW.

This page lists all X-Files episodes, and the mythology/mytharc ones have a * by them: https://insidethex.co.uk/

-- Signed, Resident X-Files Nerd

tumblr_mqqfj8n4oT1qb9fl4o4_r2_250.gif
As long as I don't have to see the one where the creepy, yucky guys kept their sister?/mother? in the box under the bed, I'm OK. But even thinking about that one gives me the absolute creeps all over again.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As long as I don't have to see the one where the creepy, yucky guys kept their sister?/mother? in the box under the bed, I'm OK. But even thinking about that one gives me the absolute creeps all over again.

Nope! That was Home, and it was a MOTW. :smile:

ETA: You're not alone in being really creeped out by it. After it originally aired it was banned from airing again on Fox b/c of content.

Just finished watching Wayward Pines. Watched the last 2 episodes so we are now officially done. I really, really liked it. They definitely are setting it up for Season 2 potential. Although since all 3 books are covered in this first season they will have to wing it for Season 2. Its got potential though, I'd keep watching it. Need to google to see if there's any buzz on a second season.

Hmmmm not looking good. The wrong people always seem to be in power making these decisions.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/wayward-pines-no-season-two-for-fox-tv-show-27485/

Last edited:

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I watched The Walking Dead right before bed last night and then dreamed about zombies. Would not recommend doing that. lol.

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Started watching 'Lilyhammer' and I really like it so far (except the first 15 minutes). Clash of stereotypical cultures and beautiful landscape but wouldn't have expected something else ;)

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK, so I just finished season 4 of The Walking Dead on Netflix last night. SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!! Now I have to wait until season 5 hits Netflix. Ugh. Hopefully it's before season 6 airs. I'd like to watch it this fall.

I've tried to talk a few folks into watching it, but people seem generally turned off by the idea of zombies. Even though, as others said in this thread, it's not really about the zombies. It's kinda like Lost, a drama about survival, but instead of an island. Others, and smoke monsters you have.... zombies.

I <3 Daryl, Carol, and Michonne.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"Fear The Walking Dead" is a prequel that just started last Sunday on AMC. It's set in nitty-gritty L.A.--the crowded older parts of the city and the industrial sections near downtown. It's pretty good. It focuses on the time when people didn't know about the infection, but weird things were starting to happen. Like did the heroin addict actually see a zombie eating someone's flesh or was that just a really, really bad trip? Maybe AMC will run a Season 5 marathon leading up to the Season 6 premiere in October? Definitely some interesting developments happened in Season 5. :scared:

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"Fear The Walking Dead" is a prequel that just started last Sunday on AMC. It's set in nitty-gritty L.A.--the crowded older parts of the city and the industrial sections near downtown. It's pretty good. It focuses on the time when people didn't know about the infection, but weird things were starting to happen. Like did the heroin addict actually see a zombie eating someone's flesh or was that just a really, really bad trip? Maybe AMC will run a Season 5 marathon leading up to the Season 6 premiere in October? Definitely some interesting developments happened in Season 5. :scared:

I actually watched that! It was a little slow, but overall pretty good. Is this actually a new series or just 6 episodes showing how it started?

Sadly, AMC ran a season 5 marathon every Sunday in August, with last Sunday being the last Sunday. :( So I JUST missed it. I would have DVR'ed the entire season from the marathon had I known about it.

A couple of my good friends in Cali LOVE the walking dead. I will let them know about Fear the Walking Dead, they might like that.

I was sad that Wayward Pines didn't seem to be coming back for a second season. However, that might still happen.

https://www.realtytoday.com/articles/29829/20150826/wayward-pines-spoilers.htm

I am happy though that the fall shows are starting up soon. Time for Blackish, Empire, Big Bang Theory, Mom and Fresh off the Boat. Need to get cracking on Season 8 of Dexter also. We burned through Season 6 of True Blood. Want to get through a couple more seasons of something because once ski season starts catching up on tv shows falls by the wayside along with cleaning the house and other weekend typs of season stuff.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fear The WD is separate from the regular WD, I think. Agree, first one was a little slow. But I'll keep watching it in the meantime. Hope you can catch some of Season 5 one way or another, @tinymoose

MissySki

Angel Diva
I watch walking dead!! :smile: Still have to watch Fear the Walking Dead, I have that recorded right now.

Anyone watch House of Cards on Netflix? Gosh am I hooked!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna