• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I just finished the first season of Constellation on Apple TV. I'm a huge sci fi fan, but it's rare that I like something well enough to recommend. This one is pretty good. And I love the cast!

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not a sci fi person so my guy and I usually have separate things going on. We'll often watch things together and Fubar was a good one. The Diplimat was pretty great also. Man in the high castle was outstanding but given the subject matter I never wish to see it again. Rufus Sewell is amazing.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
We just finished "The Gentleman" on netflix. It's a very entertaining pot growing crime drama involving English Lords and large-scale crime syndicates. Really well done directed by Guy richie. Lots of tongue and cheek humor and not too violent. We really enjoyed this.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
We're really enjoying The Tourist on Netflix. It's about a guy who wakes up in the Australian Outback with no memory of who he is or what he's done. Also liking The Gentleman, which is on Netflix, too. This is about a British aristocrat who inherits his family's estate, only to learn that it's home to an enormous weed empire.
We really enjoyed the gentleman.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
More recommendations:

Netflix has One Day. The plot is similar to the 2011 film of the same name, except it's a series.

Also, 3 Body Problem. Intriguing sci-fi, lots of science stuff; flashbacks to the Cultural Revolution in China move character development and plot forward.
The Netflix version Of 3 Body is highly simplified. For a more meaty exploration of the sciences, you might consider reading the original trilogy books. For a more faithful dramatization of the first book, you might consider Tencent’s 30-episode series Three-Body. The Netflix version dumbed down the whole 3-body game sequences, and brought forward some characters and plots from the second & third book into the first season.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Netflix version Of 3 Body is highly simplified. For a more meaty exploration of the sciences, you might consider reading the original trilogy books. For a more faithful dramatization of the first book, you might consider Tencent’s 30-episode series Three-Body. The Netflix version dumbed down the whole 3-body game sequences, and brought forward some characters and plots from the second & third book into the first season.
Also, NBC's streaming channel, Peacock, is showing the Chinese version, a completely separate production from what I watched.

I forgot another program on Netflix that is excellent: Boy Swallows Universe. It's kinda crazy, a lot charming, mysterious, sad, and wondrous, all in one show.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I didn't realize there are 2 versions. I saw the Tencent version banner on Rakuten Viki and was going to add it my watch list. Now I will watch it on Viki. Also, Viki has the best subtitles IMHO, I tried watching some of the same Chinese dramas on Netflix and on Viki and the translation/subtitles are much better on Viki, so I end up watching everything on Viki.

I am deep into the C-drama (Chinese drama) and K-drama (Korean drama) universe because I like romcoms and fantasy shows with love stories as my guilty pleasure and there are a lot of them in C-drama/K-drama land. But there are also some really good action/sci fi dramas, it looks like 3 Body is one of them.

If anyone likes fluffy, low-key romance and friendship TV shows Amidst a Snowstorm of Love Chinese drama is a good pick is on Netflix.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
I didn't realize there are 2 versions. I saw the Tencent version banner on Rakuten Viki and was going to add it my watch list. Now I will watch it on Viki. Also, Viki has the best subtitles IMHO, I tried watching some of the same Chinese dramas on Netflix and on Viki and the translation/subtitles are much better on Viki, so I end up watching everything on Viki.

I am deep into the C-drama (Chinese drama) and K-drama (Korean drama) universe because I like romcoms and fantasy shows with love stories as my guilty pleasure and there are a lot of them in C-drama/K-drama land. But there are also some really good action/sci fi dramas, it looks like 3 Body is one of them.

If anyone likes fluffy, low-key romance and friendship TV shows Amidst a Snowstorm of Love Chinese drama is a good pick is on Netflix.
I got sucked into K-drama with Sisyphus on Netflix. After that came A Time Called You, Crash Landing on You, Business Proposal, Alchemy of Souls, The King: Eternal Monarch, and now I just started The King’s Affection. My DH complains the Netflix home page is filled with K-drama recs now :laughter:.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
One Day was really good

I have recently watched and enjoyed:
All the light we cannot see. Fantastic book as well
Fool me Once
Love at First Sight

Currently watching The Gentleman
Oh, forgot my most recent one!

Why Women Kill

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We've been watching Ripley on Netflix, a slow burn but incredible cinematography. Having also watched The Talented Mt Ripley its interesting to watch this take on the story. Oh and lets not forget to mention Saltburn which is along the same theme but with some rather challenging scenes !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna