• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What to do in Tampa - end of April

Jilly

Staff member
I'm really hoping for the stars to align, and covid does not screw this up again. I will taking part in a paddling training camp for a week in Tampa. The last day we are participating in the Tampa Dragon Boat Festival. I've never been to Tampa, so haven't any idea of what I could do after our training sessions. I don't really want to sit around the pool...So ideas??

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
I'm really hoping for the stars to align, and covid does not screw this up again. I will taking part in a paddling training camp for a week in Tampa. The last day we are participating in the Tampa Dragon Boat Festival. I've never been to Tampa, so haven't any idea of what I could do after our training sessions. I don't really want to sit around the pool...So ideas??
Dali museum in St. Pete; his art and the bldg itself are entertaining. There is sculpture etc outdoors.
La Teresita for Cuban/Spanish food.
Drive west to st Pete or any of the beaches for sunset.
Drive the Skyway from st Pete to Bradenton for amazing views.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The beach at Anna Maria Island for old Florida barrier island charm can’t be beat. It’s south of Tampa and west of Bradenton so you’ll need a car to get there. On the north end is The Sandbar where great drinks can be had while watching the beautiful sunset. Avoid weekends though. After years there, I can attest it’s been “discovered”

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
The beach at Anna Maria Island for old Florida barrier island charm can’t be beat. It’s south of Tampa and west of Bradenton so you’ll need a car to get there. On the north end is The Sandbar where great drinks can be had while watching the beautiful sunset. Avoid weekends though. After years there, I can attest it’s been “discovered”

I concur on The Sandbar… it’s lovely. Couldn’t remember the name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly