• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What to do in Montreal?

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. We decided that, based on the snow conditions, we would postpone our trip north. Hope we will be able to visit later in the season!!

alison wong

Angel Diva
@ilovepugs do you have the border stuff figured out? I will be interested to hear about your experiences since we have a Whistler trip planned. Scuttlebutt here in WA is that a lot of people are getting selected for random testing at the border, but they give you an at home test that you can either do via proctor or at a drugstore when you get to your destination. The rules say you are supposed to quarantine until you get results but I'm confused about that part. It doesn't seem like they are making sure you do that.
I drove to Canada on Dec 4th (Sat), crossing border at Niagara Falls Rainbow Bridge. Returned to the U.S. on Dec. 6th (Monday).

I had COVID test done on Dec 2nd (Thurs) afternoon, within 72 hours of travel date. Test was resulted in 24 hours on Dec 3rd (Friday).

At Canadian border, I asked to provide:
1) Passport
2) Vaccination card
3) COVID test result - printed
4) Registration form (complete form online) -
-> You supposed to enter your arrival time on this form. Since we were driving from D.C., we could not figure out exact arrival time (unlike travel by air), we were planning to cross border either on Dec 4th or Dec 5th. Therefore, right before we were ready to cross border on Dec 4th, we stopped at a parking lot on U.S. side, completed the registration form there.
-> You might want to check out the registration form beforehand, know and gather the info.before travel. On the date of travel, you know what you need to fill out.

For returning, at U.S. border, I asked to provide:
1) passport
Surprisingly simple.

Christy

Angel Diva
Thanks @alison wong. They've actually changed the rules again; now it's 24 hours in advance for the test, and I think the random testing at the border is new (or if not new, much expanded). I'm so curious as to the instructions that come with the random testing! How long do we need to quarantine at our destination? What if we are positive?

alison wong

Angel Diva
Thanks @alison wong. They've actually changed the rules again; now it's 24 hours in advance for the test, and I think the random testing at the border is new (or if not new, much expanded). I'm so curious as to the instructions that come with the random testing! How long do we need to quarantine at our destination? What if we are positive?
24 hours if driving?
Last time I checked (after Thanksgiving), it is 24 hours if flying, 72 hours if driving.
Perhaps the rules are changed again due to Omicron.

That's why we decided to cancel our WB trip coming season, too many variables and uncertainties. We decided to go to Tahoe instead.

One main reason is, what if we need to get tested before returning to the U.S. I would not know where to go in WB to get tested.... Plus at that time when I did my research for testing in Canada, it was $300 CDN (?). That was too expensive.

Christy

Angel Diva
24 hours if driving?
Last time I checked (after Thanksgiving), it is 24 hours if flying, 72 hours if driving.
Perhaps the rules are changed again due to Omicron.

That's why we decided to cancel our WB trip coming season, too many variables and uncertainties. We decided to go to Tahoe instead.

One main reason is, what if we need to get tested before returning to the U.S. I would not know where to go in WB to get tested.... Plus at that time when I did my research for testing in Canada, it was $300 CDN (?). That was too expensive.
Oh, you are correct about the 72 hours. I was reading about someone flying to Seattle then driving to Canada and they needed it within 24 hours, but that's because they flew before they drove.

If the US started requiring a test to get back in I think it would be easy to find in a tourist spot like Whistler. All my friends who have traveled internationally to Costa Rica says it's super easy, your hotel helps, there's a place by the airport, etc. Tourist dependent areas don't want it to be an obstacle. But yeah I agree, it all sounds like a hassle. I was thinking about going up to BC with my dog, but if I am picked for testing, am I even allowed to walk my dog before I get test results?

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Yeah, too bad. But if she comes later I can maybe meet up. I'm busy this Friday and couldn't have gone to Tremblant that day. Some friends have gone today and I think it would be lovely, but I was (am) busy.
We do want to reschedule our trip for sometime in January!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly