• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What the heck?

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I used to ski perfectly Parallel and my daughter told me on last trip I am doing something different now when I ski. I had taken a 6 week clinic last year and they “corrected” a lot of things I do. Well, I’m out skiing with daughter again and she said- u r still Doing it. She videod like two turns from behind and I’m actually crossing my tails when I turn. Almost steeping or lifting inside ski. I have to break this habit! They are new boots from last season and my last boots had little cheater plates on the bottom, and I wonder if those plates messed me up because I didn’t have to work as hard?
So, I am either going to get plates/shims added to these boots or get Carv and see if it will teach me how to fix my mechanical issue

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Diverging tips. Usually from not putting enough weight on the outside ski but I believe alignment issues in the boots can contribute to it, too.

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can you post the video?
If I figure out how to upload. It’s literally only two turns she recorded, but I will have her record tomorrow- today was very snowy, so wasn’t really “carving@ at all

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@sorcamc what are the "cheater plates"? Do you mean canting shims? or ?
Yes, that is prob what they r actually called. They are little pieces that are on the bottom of my boot because the Pedorthist thought I wasn’t trusting the outside edge of inside ski.

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Diverging tips. Usually from not putting enough weight on the outside ski but I believe alignment issues in the boots can contribute to it, too.
I think that could be what’s happening. More reason I am thinking g this carv app can help me. Next winter I want to ski a lot more frequently mid week (all kids will be in college) and I can hang on greens/blues just drilling

Jilly

Staff member
Yes, that is prob what they r actually called. They are little pieces that are on the bottom of my boot because the Pedorthist thought I wasn’t trusting the outside edge of inside ski.
These plates are going under the binding? Race plates or lifter plates. Plates are used so the boot doesn't "boot out" in a pure carved turn. There is point of leverage where this can happen as most boots are wider than an typical slalom race ski.

My first thought was too much weight on the uphill ski. But I thought the video would prove it.

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
He actually added material
To the sole of my boot- not sure what that would be called- canting?

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Huh. I didn't know this could be corrected with boots.

I have toes that naturally turn out, and about 2 years ago my instructor pointed out I was doing this too (crossing my tails). So I worked at pointing my feet forward and not crossing tails and *I think* I don't do it anymore.

Jilly

Staff member
I have a friend that did ballet in her younger years. She doesn't even stand with her feet parallel. And we're expecting her to ski with feet parallel!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna