• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What the heck, Ikon?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Just got my Ikon pass in the mail, so yay for that! But look at all this other crap that came with it:

tempImage050hyw.png

Would the pass cost less if they didn't include stickers/coasters/whatever? Because I'd be good with that. And what does "Do Yewww" mean? Anyone else think this is an atrocious slogan?

(Man, I'm cranky today)

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've noticed the "do yewww" in their emails and other advertising. And yes, I've thought it an odd slogan. I don't mind the coasters though. Looking forward to checking my mail when I get home to see if mine came yet.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
You've had Ikon in the past, right? Do they send a new pass every year? Is it because Okemo just added RFID or something? I've had the same Epic and A-Basin pass for years now because they can just reactivate them.

I don't hate the coasters but in general mailing unsolicited crap is one of my top pet peeves.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
New passes and new swag each year. Judging from the amount of complaints I've heard in previous years, they could save themselves some money by having an opt out of swag option when buying a pass. No idea why they send new passes each year.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I love the poem magnets they sent (last year?) they are on my fridge at the ski condo. And I like the coasters and will probably have those up there too, but haven't received mine yet. T

he other stuff I could do without.. the slogan is weird, is there a reference we aren't getting?

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don’t see the reason for sending all this crap! I just found a stack of stuff from last year that I probably looked at, wondered why they were bothering, and shoved into a untouched pile! I didn’t need them but at least the coasters are somewhat cool. The pass does look different. And the number on the barcode is different. But I can’t see why an existing pass can’t just be renewed. Note to self, update picture! I haven’t looked like that for a while!

Jilly

Staff member
Think about the slogan...phonetical work with it....."Do you".
But I think there is more to it that than. www, for world wide web?

A friend of mine has on the bottom of her texts - you do you.

Coasters will be nice. I can use those!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Funny, I thought I would be early to post that I received mine in the mail today. I have complained in the past about the "plastic" items (toxic smelling key chain).... The lanyard was useful, but only one was included that year for 3 passes (?), magnets are on the fridge in the condo. But a lot of items are not used. Waiting to collect enough stickers to make something obscene..... yes I'm the one with the strategically cut out and placed humping "Back Country Goat" stickers on my ever so popular skis - no one has yet to mistake them for theirs....

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Edit - I guess compared to Vail, if the only thing we are complaining about is too much swag, that's a good thing! But yes, don't get the YEWWW and apparently its "surf slang" now used by all. Funny, never heard it before. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Yewww

Ok, how much did they pay Glen for this -
Yeww is their age skewed marketing campaign I guess - you or ya hooo in different videos.

Last edited:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
You've had Ikon in the past, right? Do they send a new pass every year? Is it because Okemo just added RFID or something? I've had the same Epic and A-Basin pass for years now because they can just reactivate them.

I don't hate the coasters but in general mailing unsolicited crap is one of my top pet peeves.

I've had Ikon for a few years now (in addition to Epic), and yes, they always send me a new pass, along with junk. I just think it's dumb (especially the slogan). All I want is the pass. The rest goes in the garbage

Think about the slogan...phonetical work with it....."Do you".
But I think there is more to it that than. www, for world wide web?

A friend of mine has on the bottom of her texts - you do you.

Coasters will be nice. I can use those!

I realize that it's a take on "Do you." But to me, all it does is bring focus to "ewwwww," which is really another word for yucky. Not good.

Last edited:

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@ski diva now that I looked thru it, its actually less crap than prior years. The coasters are useful but a bit smelly to me. Try to have some fun with the BIG yellow stickers -- you could make:
MEOWW
NO
(p) ASS
YuMMM (cut the o)
MOD
and sooo much more - especially with the prior years stickers that were shoved in a drawer....

TheGreenOne

Angel Diva
I guess they must feel it's cheaper and easier logistically (can't blame them on the latter) to send new passes out every season.

Swag... they should send out useful stuff like boot covers we can use after to prevent snow melt from soaking everything else up.

I'd use those, and wouldn't become a walking advertisement so double plus! I don't mind advertising the little guys, but not something as big as Ikon.

For what it's worth, they have such high volume those things are pennies. Private printing gets cheaper higher the qty since the bulk of it is set up and after it's automated for the most part. Still... if they spend a little more per person for swag and take 50 cent less profit per person, they can definitely send out swag that'll be used.

Someone probably suggested it, but management, more detached from the sport doesn't care.

Nbthor

Diva in Training
Coasters will be welcome, and will probably rearrange those stickers to personalize my also way too popular skis (as suggested above). The rest though usually goes in the garbage, and yes please, just renew the passes.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh and now if you were a pass holder in 2019/2020 you are eligible for the following class action settlement:
check out the faqs section...... way too much money for the lawyers in this one, anyone who used their pass more than a week gets a whopping $10.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd interpret the 'Yewww' as a throwback to Spicoli on Fast Times at Ridgemont High and that whole vibe. Just guessing.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Oh and now if you were a pass holder in 2019/2020 you are eligible for the following class action settlement:
check out the faqs section...... way too much money for the lawyers in this one, anyone who used their pass more than a week gets a whopping $10.

I guess we'll each get our $10 credit. What does $10 (or even $20) buy you at Mammoth these days???

I read that a similar lawsuit against Vail Corp. was dismissed, so I wonder why this one was settled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly