• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What ski towns do you like to visit in the summer, and what do you do there?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like a good conversation for the off season.

Anyone want to start?

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Getting ready to go to Stark’s Pub at Mad River Glen in a few minutes!

Soujan

Angel Diva
I like to hike in the summer. Lake Placid, NY and the Adirondacks is great for that.

Amie H

Angel Diva
I was in Reno/Tahoe last summer, but I prefer the shoulder seasons & winter - way too crowded on the beaches and at the pool.

Most summers I'm not far from Wisconsin Dells area (a few of my quasi-local ski spots are near there) as we have a cabin in Adams County, WI. I'm heading up there tomorrow - mostly to do chores :(

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Summers in Tahoe are quite crowded so I like to visit in the Fall and hike in the Desolation Wilderness, lots of cycling, kayaking, and some SUP.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We always go to Wanaka (home of Cardrona and Treble Cone) in late Summer when its not so crowded. There's so much to do but we generally take the kayak and spend a lot of time on and in the water and usually a lot of hiking but that wasn't doable for me this past Summer. We also catch up with friends from when we used to live there so a lot of eating and drinking is done.
We tend to avoid it like the plague in Winter as its just so busy and focus skiing on our local hills.

mustski

Angel Diva
We live half the year in Big Bear. Three’s plenty of good hiking, off roading, bike paths and mountain biking, kayaking, fishing, tubing, waterskiing, a great little town with plenty of good restaurants. Before we moved there, we camped there every summer. It’s a great climate

echo_VT

Angel Diva
I’ll typically hike the mountain and scope out the side country lines and go with friends who I’d ski with

marzNC

Angel Diva
Haven't been that often, but Massanutten is great during the spring and fall. As a 4-season resort with two golf courses, an indoor/outdoor waterpark, and lots of other activities, it's very busy during the summer season. The ski slopes were part of the resort from the start back in the early 1970s. Massanutten is 20 minutes from an entrance to the Shenandoah National Park in northern Virginia. Also has hiking trails right on property. While the ski slopes aren't very big, the entire property is 6000 acres and includes both sides of the Massanutten ridge. There are trails on both sides for people who like mountain biking, with lift service for the trails on and around the ski slopes. The views during the fall color season are an attraction when the lifts are fun for foot traffic.

September 2017, Massanutten bike carrier, SheJumps Mountain Bike Workshop
Mnut bike lift Sep2017 - 1.jpeg

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
Before I learned to ski I would spend time at Nub’s Nob in Harbor Springs, MI in the summer with my good friend. She had a very generous Aunt who allowed us to enjoy her gorgeous slopeside condo for hiking and mountain biking vacations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly