• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What made you try skiing?

RuthB

Angel Diva
As a group, we've trashed a lot of boyfriends learning to ski! Used them to get our start and then off to new horizons and the men we finally married
!

I was thinking that too. I'm the other way round, it was me that introduced the BF to snowsports, he decided to board rather than ski so luckily I had nothing to do with trying to teach him anything but it means we have a shared passion (obsession?) that I have never found (outside of the bedroom:wink:) with previous relationships.

Me too. I suspect that a number of divas trashed a few boys egos too, nothing better than skiing like a girl (to quote another diva) sometimes.

cheerrabbit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I went into this a bit on my intro. I moved to CO over 9 years ago and have never been skiing. We got really ambitious one year, going to take lessons, started buying clothing...and then I got pregnant. And at the time, traveling down a hill pregnant didn't sound too appealing.
So this year, I was thinking about New Year's resolutions. Rather than taking something away (like the typical diet, etc), I try to make myself better. So this year, we decided as a family to learn to ski. Signed up for 3 lessons, which got us season passes.

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
we bought a house in the Poconos as a getaway and when we started inviting friends up, they were all showing up with ski gear. They thought I was absolutely NUTS that I had a ski house and didn't ski and one friend dragged me out. I had fun. I will never forget getting off the lift the first time and saying, "now what"…she said, NO SKI! I quickly learned "pizza" and the rest is history.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna