• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What kind of bra do you wear skiing?

Acadia07

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sports bra? Regular bra? Other?

Please share! This is one of those little things that stumps me every time. I sometimes wear a sports bra, sometimes a regular non-cotton underwire bra. I guess I don't really notice a difference while I'm actually skiing, so I'm curious as to what the Divas do.

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wear bra with an athletic back made of cotton material. Just the same I wear all days .... nothing special.
Maybe a bra made of microfibres would be better if I am sweating a lot.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wear sports bras when I ski and do anything more active than running to catch a bus on a regular day. I like underwire wicking sports bras with adjustable shoulder straps and back clasps.

For the "other" option, Ski Diva posted about a fleece bra a bit ago. I like the concept, but I don't do well with pullover sports bras, and I'd be concerned about sweat. I'd be interested in trying it over an underwire adjustable bra as a bonus layer on those frigid days.

playoutside

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wicking sports bra. Most days I wear the one that is a tank-top style (some would wear this as a shirt at the gym). The extra core layer is nice on cold days. Think my favorite is from Moving Comfort -- good support and racer back.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wicking tank w/ shelf bra. Also known as my yoga tops. Or my running tops. Yeah, I know the sports have different support requirements - I'm just more into multifunctional clothes.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wear my regular sports bras (Moving Comfort), although I do tend to wear the older/more worn-out ones since I don't need as much support for skiing as I do for running.

Jilly

Staff member
Sports bra, I think it's Vogue. And like num I have a problem with one piece racer's back. Can't get the thing pulled down with my shoulder. I am looking for new ones as paddle season is coming up too. And I like the ones that are sized properly. Not S,M,L I need a 38C thank you!

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just wear a cheap target C9 sports bra. Or none at all.

Jilly

Staff member
Well I wasn't going to mention that my fav is a Fruit of Loom I picked up at Walmart!! Doesn't work well with white though as its black!

playoutside

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sports bra, ... And I like the ones that are sized properly. Not S,M,L I need a 38C thank you!

Absolutely!! I've never found a S/M/L sports bra that provides any real support for the girls. I've found the Champion website (when they have sale) offers great options and a nice search tool to filter on size and support-needed so you can zone in on the right bra without looking at all they offer.

Not to diss the C9 brand (by Champion) found at Target, but I can't use them for real sports...it's ok for hanging out, but not ok to keep things in control!:smile:

altagirl

Staff member
Whatever is handy. I have nice patagonia sports bras (with a hook and eye in back) but regular bras work just fine for skiing. Since I wear a snug base layer it keeps everything in place. Even with more of a demi bra. So I don't worry about bra choice much for skiing.

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dang. I just wear whatever I have one (usually just my regular underwire style). :D I'm interested to look at sports bras again though as I had given up on them because they didn't give me enough support. :D

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
bacon-bra-01.jpg

Bacon. That way the avalanche dogs will find me first.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
really, this is the one

I wear the same bra I always wear in any sport, and if they ever discontinue it, I will have to quit sports altogether. I guess I don't need as much support in skiing as I do in tennis, but I really like being, uh, strapped down when I exercise.

Kara79

Certified Ski Diva
Basic sports bra or a wicking sports bra tank top thingy.

ride_ski

Angel Diva
bacon-bra-01.jpg

Bacon. That way the avalanche dogs will find me first.

:ROTF:

I should know better than to read this forum while drinking my tea. I bet you can guess what happened :spit:

I'm going to have to show DH that as he considers bacon one of the 4 major food groups...On second thought, maybe not. He may want to try it to see if project runway is in his future :eek:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna