• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What is the terminal intermediate plateau? And how do I avoid getting stuck there?

westcoast21

Certified Ski Diva
I am in the lower mainland too, we are lucky to have so many options for ski hills here! Hopefully the spring doesn’t come too fast this year.
Oh how cool! Yay for us lower mainlanders! We are definitely blessed to have the mountains we do...I also feel we survive a ridiculously high cost of living to live where we do tho too ;) when did you start skiing / what level are you, if I may ask?

echo_VT

Angel Diva
@NYSnowflake we just texted :smile: I’m so glad that you killed it at Hunter a few weekends ago :smile:

I’ve done a week at Whistler for the past 10 seasons or so and for some seasons we were there twice for one-week trips. Has your husband and friends been? If not, there is this guide book we like that has all the non-marked fun trails (it’s so vast there’s no way to see it all on the trail map). Places to go when weather sets in (pillow lines and tree runs).

You’ll likely see chutes and cornice / cliff drops for the first time too. They sound scary but there are likely easy ones if there is enough snow (did Whistler get enough snow?) to get your feet wet with big mountain skiing. We’ve skied together, so I know you can try your hand at some of the easier big mountain features they have.

If you want to get better while you’re at Whistler, do a clinic. I’ve done a women’s clinic there with Roxy... It was awesome. But Whistler will have the best clinics you can take part in. We recommend extremely Canadian as well I think they run each weekend. You break into groups according to ability level but you take advantage of what the mountains (blackcomb too!) has to offer for your skill level.

If trying big mountain features doesn’t sound like fun to you, the clinics will be able to target anything you want to learn, work on, and have fun with doing.

It sounds like the idea of trying to keep up with more experienced skiers is stressing, which I get. Better to enjoy the week and have fun than stress.

There was one year in which Whistler hardly got snow (lower mountain was grassy)... we did things like do escape rooms and go zip lining as the snow was not that good. There’s a ton to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna