• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: What is a good roller for IT Band?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Ok now this makes more sense than anything the doctor or PT has said to me! I have had piriformis issues, metatarsal issues, dorsaflexion issues, and knee pain prior to this "injury." For a year, I have been certain that the cause is in my foot. These have all been in the right leg. The left is fine.
That video that @marzNC posted is really good for piriformis issues as well.

mustski

Angel Diva
My pain is considerably less since I have been resting it. Hopefully next week, I will be able to start some gentle calf and piriformus stretches. I think I will start with the rolling pin and then decide from there if rolling is for me.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You could also try this ball -- can stand up and roll against the wall or use it to roll on the floor.
I love it b/c its easy to pack. Use it on upper/ lower back and hip, leg.
https://www.amazon.com/OPTP-Posture...8&qid=1542953627&sr=8-4&keywords=posture+ball 6 or 8 inches.
1542953728674.png
I had this at work, my boss tried it and ordered one and we all use it to roll our backs out at work. Its a small office, and well, we all have issues and using this helps a lot.

abyington

Diva in Training
Hi all. I overstretched my IT Band which I did not even feel happening. I am looking for a good roller to help relieve the tightness but have no idea what to get. Do any of you fitness divas have a recommendation for what type is good for a beginner?
I bought a set like this, they each massage at different depths depending on what you need. Good luck!

Attachments

• 61TdFhnXalL._SX522_.jpg
    61TdFhnXalL._SX522_.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 0

mustski

Angel Diva
Thanks everyone. @MI-skier I got the list and greatly appreciate it! I went skiing for an hour today and had no problems or pain - yay! The doc had not prohibited skiing; just walking up and down hill and stairs. Unfortunately, I had to walk up and down a small hill to get from the parking lot to the lift. I slipped coming back down and, of course, landed exactly on that hip. Arrggh! I am icing it now.

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks everyone. @MI-skier I got the list and greatly appreciate it! I went skiing for an hour today and had no problems or pain - yay! The doc had not prohibited skiing; just walking up and down hill and stairs. Unfortunately, I had to walk up and down a small hill to get from the parking lot to the lift. I slipped coming back down and, of course, landed exactly on that hip. Arrggh! I am icing it now.
Oh no, glad you were out but bummer of a fall. Darn if it isn't one thing, it's another. Speedy recovery.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Darn if it isn't one thing, it's another.
Ain't it the truth? Ice that hip, rest a bit...but I suspect it'll be better soon, good 'nuff to ski.
1543418529679.png

mustski

Angel Diva
Thanks. I resisted the urge to ski today. I had some pain during the night but it's hard to know if it's anything to worry about or just some muscles being used for the first time in a while.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Let us know how it goes.

I use a lacrosse ball for my piriformis and a noodle for my ITB band. Very low tech but it works. I still have some pain and I'm a little nervous about our first ski trip of the season. I guess I'll find out next week what the prognosis is for this winter.

Glad it's finally snowing.

Good luck, enjoy.

mustski

Angel Diva
I did not ski for long - still just a WROD, but the snow was very nice. It got crowded too quickly so we left. Again there was zero pain while skiing, but the pain kicked in when I stopped. This is a frustrating injury - I didn’t feel it happen and I don’t feel any pain during activity. I worry about hurting myself more because there are no warnings.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I did not ski for long - still just a WROD, but the snow was very nice. It got crowded too quickly so we left. Again there was zero pain while skiing, but the pain kicked in when I stopped. This is a frustrating injury - I didn’t feel it happen and I don’t feel any pain during activity. I worry about hurting myself more because there are no warnings.
Can you go to your dr and get a PT order? Maybe that works help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna