• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What if Ski Divas ruled the world?

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
My SO who grew up at Whiteface and moved to Vail when he was 16 never put the bar down! He said when he was a kid out west a lot of the chairs didn’t even have bars, so he just never thought to do it. Although I would never object to the bar coming down, I must admit I sometimes forget when riding alone. But when I see the “reminder signs” the bar comes down!

newboots

Angel Diva
I’m told there are still many lifts out West without safety bars. Ridiculous.

And @SallyCat - the loftiest was bored at Granby Ranch? Wasn’t that the one where the woman died? Um, manslaughter.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And @SallyCat - the loftiest was bored at Granby Ranch? Wasn’t that the one where the woman died? Um, manslaughter.

If you read witness accounts, they talk about the lifties repeatedly stopping and starting the lift. Normally that would just be annoying, but some sort of modification had been done to the lift before the season that made it accelerate and decelerate really quickly, which is what caused the whole line to bounce and eventually the family's chair to go sideways and hit a tower. So sure, "mechanical failure" but also lifties being irresponsible. They'd had tons of complaints and should have known not to #### around stopping and starting it like that.

newboots

Angel Diva
If you read witness accounts, they talk about the lifties repeatedly stopping and starting the lift. Normally that would just be annoying, but some sort of modification had been done to the lift before the season that made it accelerate and decelerate really quickly, which is what caused the whole line to bounce and eventually the family's chair to go sideways and hit a tower. So sure, "mechanical failure" but also lifties being irresponsible. They'd had tons of complaints and should have known not to #### around stopping and starting it like that.

OMG. Charge them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly