• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What happens when a mask policy is violated?

marzNC

Angel Diva
@marzNC I love their policy! Oddly, employees, have to wear a mask at all times, guests do not. Wish it were the same for everyone's safety, especially as the resort employs a lot of seniors.
Not that odd. An employer can set whatever rules they want for employees. Much harder to set a policy about mask usage that is different from what CDC and public health authorities are saying. So requiring mask usage for guests at a destination resort even when they are skiing the long trails that exist out west would be pretty hard to justify. The policy does say that keeping a mask on is recommended even when actively skiing.

It certainly says something about the importance of that VR places on mask usage by guests that VR is not going to allow anyone to try using a "medical exemption" as a loophole.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No loopholes here either. We cannot accomodate. Sounds like some mask policy changes happening tomorrow, in the right direction.

Christy

Angel Diva
I saw some awesome enforcement at Crystal today. At every lift there was a gruff looking middle-aged guy who seemed like he had had it with everyone and everything. (Particularly the man working the Forest Queen lift – – this dude had given his last f--- and was not going to take anything from anyone). This person was in charge of arranging people on the chairs and he was very quick to yell at the guys – – always guys – – who didn't have their masks pulled over their nose. I didn't see anyone who was trying to go completely without.

These guys were so good, those of us in line almost couldn't keep up. It was very impressive.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I saw some awesome enforcement at Crystal today. At every lift there was a gruff looking middle-aged guy who seemed like he had had it with everyone and everything. (Particularly the man working the Forest Queen lift – – this dude had given his last f--- and was not going to take anything from anyone). This person was in charge of arranging people on the chairs and he was very quick to yell at the guys – – always guys – – who didn't have their masks pulled over their nose. I didn't see anyone who was trying to go completely without.

These guys were so good, those of us in line almost couldn't keep up. It was very impressive.
Such a great description of the situation! Thanks!

WhyKnot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just got the Seirus integrated balaclavas with EVO mask (they have a few styles) as someone here mentioned it, and I am disappointed that the mask is not great (light goes through it). If anyone knows of any other integrated balaclavas or gaiters with MASK please share. I've seen one guy sewing his own and may be worth it to do.
PS Vail's policy for neck gaiters/buffs without distinguishing what kind or what kind of material (etc) is short sighted, disappointing and aggravating since there is easily attainable science out there. Wish they were more like Mammoth. People we can keep trying to call and email and educate them, I will try too - with hope the media will write a story on that at some point.

WhyKnot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Love that. Happy you have that level of care there.

alr

Certified Ski Diva

preaching to the choir here, but OMG, why can't the guys just get on board with covering their noses!

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
preaching to the choir here, but OMG, why can't the guys just get on board with covering their noses!
OMG -- doesn't that just drive you nuts? Speaking as a (retired) surgeon, I am pretty unyielding when it comes to proper mask wearing, and people wearing their masks with noses hanging out (male anesthesiologists, IN the OR!), has always been particularly irksome to me.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Big White in BC, Canada is making it quite clear that violating the mask policy is serious. They suspended the passes for three people for two weeks for not wearing masks. You can feel the intensity of the VP in the interview.

Nov. 24, Castanet in Kelowna (Canada)
3 pass holders get suspended
Big White Ski Resort taking firm stand on mandatory mask rule
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelow...king-firm-stand-on-mandatory-mask-rule#317238
"Big White Ski Resort is taking a firm stand on its mandatory mask policy this year.

Last weekend, three season pass holders who refused to follow the hill's mask policy saw their passes suspended.

“Ninety-nine per cent of them — great. That one percent … seems like we were chasing people around the mountain all day long," said Michael J. Ballingall, senior vice president of Big White Ski Resort.

He says staff safety is a priority during the pandemic, and at times, staff need to get close to patrons. He used an example of loading lifts, or for when somebody falls off a chair and needs help getting up.

The mask policy is pretty cut and dry, Ballingall said. If you refuse to wear one, you can't ski at Big White. They will suspend passes if necessary, like they did over the weekend.

“You have to have a mask, there is no grey area here. You cannot load the lift if you’re not wearing a mask properly and you have to have a mask on when you’re unloading the lift as well.”

“That’s not our rules we’re just abiding by the law and some people because it’s out of town and up in the mountains they don’t think anyone’s watching — well we’re watching.”

Monday saw the resort open for day-pass visitors. Ballingall said things ran smoothly with about 1,000 skiers and boarders cooperative and thankful for all the safety measures."

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Big White in BC, Canada is making it quite clear that violating the mask policy is serious. They suspended the passes for three people for two weeks for not wearing masks. You can feel the intensity of the VP in the interview.

Nov. 24, Castanet in Kelowna (Canada)
3 pass holders get suspended
Big White Ski Resort taking firm stand on mandatory mask rule
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelow...king-firm-stand-on-mandatory-mask-rule#317238
"Big White Ski Resort is taking a firm stand on its mandatory mask policy this year.

Last weekend, three season pass holders who refused to follow the hill's mask policy saw their passes suspended.

“Ninety-nine per cent of them — great. That one percent … seems like we were chasing people around the mountain all day long," said Michael J. Ballingall, senior vice president of Big White Ski Resort.

He says staff safety is a priority during the pandemic, and at times, staff need to get close to patrons. He used an example of loading lifts, or for when somebody falls off a chair and needs help getting up.

The mask policy is pretty cut and dry, Ballingall said. If you refuse to wear one, you can't ski at Big White. They will suspend passes if necessary, like they did over the weekend.

“You have to have a mask, there is no grey area here. You cannot load the lift if you’re not wearing a mask properly and you have to have a mask on when you’re unloading the lift as well.”

“That’s not our rules we’re just abiding by the law and some people because it’s out of town and up in the mountains they don’t think anyone’s watching — well we’re watching.”

Monday saw the resort open for day-pass visitors. Ballingall said things ran smoothly with about 1,000 skiers and boarders cooperative and thankful for all the safety measures."
They should make a public ceremony of cutting up these peoples' passes, and put the video on the website -- sort of like "public caning", LOL. Perhaps public humiliation would increase peer pressure...

marzNC

Angel Diva
From Mountain High in California. Pretty direct statement that's essentially "no mask, no access."

"If you don’t feel that you can deliver on this request, or if it’s just not right for you, or if you think we’re crazy for requiring face coverings – please don’t visit Mountain High while COVID-modified operating rules are in place. We will be happy to welcome you back unmasked when pandemic-related government regulations are removed."

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 12.02.22 AM.png

MissySki

Angel Diva
From Mountain High in California. Pretty direct statement that's essentially "no mask, no access."

"If you don’t feel that you can deliver on this request, or if it’s just not right for you, or if you think we’re crazy for requiring face coverings – please don’t visit Mountain High while COVID-modified operating rules are in place. We will be happy to welcome you back unmasked when pandemic-related government regulations are removed."

View attachment 14255

Yes! I wish all resorts would make such a strong statement!

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I heard from some people who skied there recently that Killington isn't doing much enforcing of masks or distancing in lift lines at all. You could get on the gondola with your "pod" but then anyone from the line could jump in the car with you.

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’ve been up three times so far this season, once at Breckenridge, once at Keystone, and today we went to Vail. I am overall disappointed at the level of mask compliance and moreso at the lack of enforcement. I mean, compliane probably varies from ... 65-80% maybe? Which isn’t bad but with a little robust “encouragement“ it could be a lot higher.

My worst experience so far was at Vail today. There’s very little terrain open so every lift line was probably 20-ish minutes. If I’m in that large of a crowd for that long, then I need mask compliance to be nearly 100%. There is no enforcement of social distancing either. We ended up leaving early. I would have persisted with limited terrain and long-ish lines but too many people were too cavalier about masks and I did not feel safe at all. Hopefully they’ll send me a survey because I have OPINIONS.

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It’s easier to respond to the survey but I’ll email if I don’t get one. Seems like they send me one about half the time... we’ll see.

Christy

Angel Diva
65-80% is really bad. I haven't been anywhere where I've seen it that low.

My husband was at Crystal today and only saw one kid with his mall pulled down. An employee was behind him in the lift line and yelled, "ARE YOU TRYING TO GET US SHUT DOWN? PUT YOUR MASK ON."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly