• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What happens when a mask policy is violated?

Jenny

Angel Diva
I actually saw a liftie stop the lift, walk up to a chair that was not quite yet out of his reach, and demand this guy hand him his pass for non-mask compliance. He then proceeded to walk up to the long line so that everyone could see him, and yelled, “you see this? That’s what I’ll do to your pass if you don’t wear your mask!” And he clipped the guy’s pass. Compliance was nearly 100% for the rest of the day, at least in that line. This was in Sipapu, a tiny resort in Northern NM a few weeks ago.
Good for them.

Reactions: RJ*

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OOOOhhhhhhh, I remember booting up inside - the good old days!

I still go inside to boot up (mid week not many people) I have a my favorite spot- by an open window with an air purifier under it!

Leesa

Diva in Training
Here's what Deer Valley has on their website about face masks.

View attachment 14274
We were at Deer Valley at the end of January and from my experience they are stringently enforcing the mask policy. My 4 year old was having a rough go of it after a day of lessons (just hungry and tired and being 4) while I was trying to check our skis for the evening. She was behind me and I didn't see her dump her mask. An employee came running up to me with a medical mask and insisted she wear it (which I was fine with, I was very frustrated with her for taking her mask off). Another time, they corrected my friend on a sidewalk with no one around that her son still had to have a mask on (also age 4). Same thing- he had just removed it and she hadn't noticed yet. I was impressed by it, and very glad they're enforcing it. Also, a gaiter or knit balaclava wasn't enough. You had to wear a mask/medical mask under it, and they would hand you a medical mask if they weren't happy with what you had on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly