• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What happens if you forget to cancel your reservations?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
People can write NH and VT or other states' AGs - or dept of consumer affairs - if so inclined. Especially VT as what VR is flat out not following their ski rules which say to allow lenient cancellations if not feeling well (also the lack ethics of changing rules, not being clear (using words that don't actually mean anything such as multiple and repeatedly) and etc - I've been in this conversation with them and FB has a lot of info for anyone interested, I've already spent bunch of time on this so just wanted to share the idea of contacting states regulatory depts (also CO or UT or anywhere you might be inclined even with quick email or form on their sites) VR should put health and safety first (illness and blizzards as well as not feeling comfortable if crowded, etc ), and also should not be penalizing people who cancel at resorts that all ready have slots). With hope things can change-- Happy New Year all!

Can you tell me where on FB you're seeing information?

Also, what puzzles me is this:

"If a passholder either cancels or is a no-show for 2 days in a 2 week period..."

So they're lumping cancellations and no-shows together, which I don't think is right. Also, as long as they're not overbooked, what's the harm in cancelling? I mean, I can understand if they're totally sold out, but as long as there's room, what's the harm?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
"If a passholder either cancels or is a no-show for 2 days in a 2 week period..."

So they're lumping cancellations and no-shows together, which I don't think is right.
Totally agree with you. A cancellation and a no show is not the same thing.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Only 1 ski area here (NM) requires reservations. How they set up a season pass this year is you buy a season pass with low upfront cost, then each time you ski, you pay a small amount for the day depending on age ($15-$30), after you have skied 10 days, the daily ticket price will go down with the pass. But you pay something for your reservation each time. Cancellation is 24 hours before the day of skiing to get a refund or too bad. I like this policy since tickets/capacity is limited this season, plenty of people will not be able to get a reservation for a given day. They are only asking for people to cancel early enough as a courtesy to others who wants to ski but weren’t lucky enough to snatch a spot early on.

@Susan L , this is a great idea. What ski area is this?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Vail has now changed its policy regarding cancellations. If a passholder either cancels or is a no-show for 2 days in a 2 week period, they will now only be able to make a week-of reservation one day in advance for a period of 3 weeks.

This is a real problem. What if you fall suddenly ill or are in a car accident or have some other sort of emergency? If you cancel more than 2 days in a 2-week period, you suffer the consequences. Anyone else think this is harsh?

BTW, I wanted to clear this up. Apparently this is not the case; it was based on a message that was sent out "in error." I'm not sure what that means; maybe they were thinking about doing this and it only was a draft that went out? I don't know. In any case, it only went to a few people and was followed up with a message that said this wasn't the case.

According to Vail, you're cool if you cancel by midnight the night before, so someone else can take your slot. They say they're trying to remain flexible, because these are challenging times.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna