• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: What happened to my left turns??!!

MissySki

Angel Diva
A perk of being a bootfitter on mountain and having a crazy customer like me who always has something wacky come up? Lol

He's a cool dude. Hopefully it won't be too busy so he'll have time to come out.

MissySki

Angel Diva
So this past weekend I went to my bootfitter, unfortunately the shop was packed so he could not come out and ski with me. Before I even went into the shop I did a few runs with DH who confirmed that I was very flat on my right ski in my left turns, edge angles not matching, right ski wedging while I was trying to drive it into the turn etc. Tried putting my spoilers back in and it helped a tiny bit, but not enough. So I went to the shop and the bootfitter checked my alignment again and wouldn't you know that my right leg was now somewhat negative edged. (Strange since this is the leg that has been worse for knock kneed, so when I got my new boots around a month ago we put a temporary cant of .75 degrees on this boot to tip me out.) So he had me do some runs with tape tipping me back in to see if it solved the problem, essentially negating my canting. It was like night and day, suddenly I could get back on my inside edge on my right foot and my edges were matching again etc. We took out the temporary cant so now I am left with no real canting. I have the 3mm lift on my left shorter leg which fixed most of my knock kneed stance and nothing on the right now. After the cant was taken out I do notice that I'm a bit heavier on my inside right ski's edge than is probably ideal, but since we are so close to diva west I just did not want to play anymore and felt it best to stick with being able to actually get on my edges. When I get back I may see if we can do a tiny bit of canting back out, but maybe it's so small of an amount that I can deal with it in my technique eventually.

It's so hard because the "ideal" in the shop apparently changed a little as I broke my boots in, and whatever happened in there caused my canting to push me too far out. I'm pretty comfortable for the moment, so I'm going to go with it for now and see what happens. Boy is it good to be able to turn both ways now and have my two skis doing the same thing and angles!!

Any update for you @goodcat ??

goodcat

Certified Ski Diva
I will let you all know after next week. I'm going to give it one more go before the end of the season. I'm going up to ski at solitude. Hopefully, my left turns her back to normal. If not, I will try having the skis tuned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly