• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What does a Diva drive?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A recent PM with a Diva made me wonder, what mode of transportation gets you to the slopes?

Second question:
If you could have a play car, what would it be and why?
(I'll share mine after I hear a few)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I drive a 2005 Subuaru Outback with the vanity plate "Skilift."

Now you all know: I am truly a sick person.

Anyway, even though it's not exactly cute or sexy, it offers plenty of room and has 4 wheel drive for good handling in the snow.

And if I could ask Santa for a play car, what would it be? A red or blue Mini Cooper. Cute, cute, cute!

Edit 1/25/10: Just noticed how out of date this is. Car is the same, but vanity plate has long been "SKIDIVA." Love it!

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What does a ski diva drive??? How about a MINI Cooper? My MINI is names Eddie and I just love to drive him every day! He's little, cute, and quick - just as ever man should be! (Sorry Phil) But seriously, I love my MINI. You can visit Eddie and me at www.PhillyMINI.org

teachski

Certified Ski Diva
I wanted a Mini, but I have heard they are not that great in the snow. When I get one it will be for "off-season" use only. I just traded a 2005 Subaru Impreza for a 2006 Subaru Forester. I can't wait to try out the heated seats, mirrors and wipers. The Impreza was ok for ski trips alone or with one other person, but not great for more than 2 people (especially when my niece jumps in with skis, a snowboard and blades.)

I don't like to carry the skis on the roof rack for long highway trips because of the road chemicals...unless they are completely covered and I don't have a box. I usually use the rack locally and once I get to my destination (between lodging and slope).

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
teachski said:
I wanted a Mini, but I have heard they are not that great in the snow.

Ah, but if you buy snow tires for the MINI, it is absolutely fabulous in the snow. Especially for the snow we get in Suburban Philadelphia - an inch here, two inches there. But 2 feet of snow will definitely bury the tires!

Lola

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You know a diva takes her wheels seriously. She is a woman who wants to get to the slopes(and every where else she needs to be) with style and dependability.

My husband is a bit of a Motor head, so I have been exposed to a lot of different vehicles. My every day transportation is a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. I LOVE it! It takes me any where and everywhere I want to go. And I tend to go places that some would consider adventurous.:eek:

When we got married, my husband had a Brand newPontiac Fiero which we still have, with very low miles and in mint condition. His other play car is a 1957 Chevy Nomad (I LOVE driving that car!)

My Play car is coming as soon as my husband finishes building his dream garage!
Thanks to Lola, I have gotten some great ideas of the things I want and the things I can do with out, on my dream Mini Cooper. For me, it will be British Racing Green, with the JCW package.
First we need to get the MAN to finish that dumb garage! ARGH!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SkiDiva, I have never had more fun driving any car than when I drive that 57 Nomad!
It sounds tough, it has style, and well.........it just can't be explained, it has to be experienced.
:D
I know I have a pic somewhere, but I can't find it :(

ISki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Mini is soooo cute.

My old ski car was a Subaru Legacy, but it had a freak accident. While it was parked overnight at the mechanic's a tree fell over and crushed it.

Now I have a Honda CRV whose name is Henri. Great car. Very agile.

My dream play car is a red Porsche 911 so that I can make the first chair.

Marigee

Angel Diva
okay - I am so out of it. I drive a Honda Odyssey. Yes, a minivan. Here in the Washington D.C. suburbs you don't really need an SUV. Every 10 years or so we get a really big snow, but otherwise it is usually about 4 inches and sometimes 6. Of course the entire area shuts down if we get 6 inches.

Hubby drives a Honda CRV on weekends, takes the METRO to work. I like driving it sometimes.

Unfortunately, I am stuck in minivan mode for several more years. It was actually quite useful this summer when we took #1Son to college. It was crammed pretty full with all his junk. I haven't even given any thought yet to what I will drive when the minivan years are over. It will be red though!

cnewbound

Certified Ski Diva
Everyone who is in the ski industry in Aust seems to drive a subaru.. myself included!! I have a Subaru Liberty 95 that i totally love!! It has a sun roof (no longer works), a cd player (no longer works), cruise control (i got that fixed last week, so that works) but i love my car!!!

When i am in the States i have no car so I depend alot on my friends for rides and such- i hate having to do that to my mates though. They really are true mates for putting up with carting me around all season!

Molly

Certified Ski Diva
My best ski car ever was a 2001 Audi allroad quattro. Tons of room, solid as a rock, made for both snow and long-distance driving, and fast as heck. It got only something like 17 mpg, though, at best. So now, sniff, I'm in a Ford Freestyle.

Somebody help me.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I drive a Dodge minivan, about sic years old with 140,000 miles on it. I've had a van of one sort or another for a long, long time. It carries lots of people, lots of gear, and has allowed me to pick up randomly scavenged throw-aways on the roadside from bookcases to couches on many occasions. It also provides transport of my paintings, so I don't have to pay someone to move them for me. I've got a mountain bike jammed in there right now; no need to worry about it being stolen when I'm parked somewhere. My van now proudly has its first set of snow tires, and I hope there are blizzards to drive through this winter.

nelsapbm

Certified Ski Diva
Honda Accord, studded snows. Exciting huh?! Gets me where I want to go...including over the App Gap (although I wouldnt try it in a raging snowstorm).

Lynn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
mode of transportation

I drive whatever gets me to the ski slopes.
Have a '98 Mercedes SUV- the first year they came out. The universal joint died a day before my daughter and I were to go to Sugarbush for Pres. Week a few years ago. We had a used pick up, Ford? with terrible gas mileage that I took instead. Uncomfortable, but did the job. Really missed the audio book feature.

Still have that SUV, and recently got a '02 Subaru Forrester, manual transmission. Like it a lot. Handles well, we'll see how in snow.

Through a family loss :( my husband and I inherited a mini-cooper. It was a lot of fun to drive, but I felt like a bug on the road. My step-son, who originally bought it, said it was terrible on snow. It is very light with a lot of power, so you can imagine the spins. We sold it this past spring. I was glad, it was too painful a reminder of my stepson.

We have a motorcycle, but that really is awful in snow!:eek:

Jilly

Staff member
Well this Diva is driving a GMC Jimmy. Nothing fancy, just 4 x 4. Now the lease comes up in March and the car companies are hurting so I've started to look. But I really miss my Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 1994. It was great car to drive, looked sporty, but was always in the shop. Got rid of it. My dream car is still a MGB. British racing green. But I can't drive a standard, so maybe one of those new Saturn Sky's.

Lynn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Learn to drive a stick!! It brings driving to whole nother level. Tough at first, but pays off in the long run.

Jilly

Staff member
My husband gave up on that idea a long time ago. That being said, the company truck is standard and I don't want to drive it - 1 1/2 ton delivery truck! But maybe if that sports car ever happens-----?

dburdenbates

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a 2002 Subaru Outback Sedan. I love my Subaru and have a hard time picturing myself in any other car.

My dream vehicle is a Subaru SUV hybrid or fuel cell vehicle which currently doesn't exist. :(

I'd love a Prius but don't know if it would do well in the snow (not that we get any snow in Texas).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly