• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What do you like best about summer?

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Things I like about summer:
- Fresh tomatoes
- Riding my bike
- "Cousin Week" with our family on Lake Champlain

Things I don't like about summer:
- Sweating through my clothes on the way to work
- Sweating when I'm standing still doing nothing
- Bugs
- Sunscreen
- Getting into a hot car and then sticking to the car seat

If the entire summer was 75 degrees with clear blue skies, I would like summer. The minute the temperature goes above that, summer becomes a hot, sticky, stinky mess for me. Ugh. I'll take socks and sweaters over sunscreen and sweat any day.

You summed it up perfectly..

I"ll add summer is for "counting down to skiing"
totally agree 75 is plenty warm enough, I hate sweating. (28 and sunny yr round would suit me fine)
Summer I work 12-15hr days but this pays for my ski trips :-) so I'm usually exhausted and not many days off

Yes to fresh veggies, tomatoes, corn on the cob and picking berries!

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Kayaking on clear mountain lakes. 75*F and low humidity. Sleeping with the windows open. Sitting on the patio with DH after work with an adult beverage in my hand. Hammocks.

But my absolute favorite day of summer is the first day I put on my Birkenstocks and walk outside with the sun and warm air on my feet.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just got so overheated in our dry climate that I literally popped a blood vessel and got a nose bleed while climbing on my mountain bike. Was nauseated pretty much the whole ride.

The part I like least about summer is the heat! The older I get, the less I like any temperature over 79*.

altagirl

Staff member
I've grown to like hotter temperatures in recent years. I think hot yoga has a lot to do with that.

I also hate socks and love being barefoot or in sandals, but confess I do that a lot in winter too. Just not for long periods of time. I always wonder what the neighbors think of the bare footprints going to our mailbox in the snow in winter.

I have to say I'm enjoying sleeping in the warmer temps where I don't have to try to hide every inch of my body under comforters.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
I love: the heat and warm weather, being able to wear shorts and t shirts, kayaking, grilling out, eating huge ice creams from Kimball Farms, relaxing on my porch, sleeping with the windows open and not freezing. I find it so much easier to get up when it's light and warm out in the morning too. I'm probably a weird one on this forum, as I love the summer heat!

you are not alone...my sentiments exactly. Shorts, tees and flip flops...the summer uniform! anything near the water makes me smile...swimming, kayaking, sup, waterskiing, body surfing...just not real surfing...for whatever reason, even though I grew up a water rat, surfing terrifies me! I always had visions of getting bonked on the head by the board!

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Waterskiing and just looking at the water horizon is so peaceful to me. I love in season berries, wearing just an easy breazy summer dress, summer cocktails (mango-hito a current fave), no socks and summer reading! Here in MI we truly get all the seasons. Will be camping with 9 other families over the 4th where we're outnumbered by the kids. Such a blast! Oh, did I mention summer fireworks? I LOVE fireworks so much that DH and I are going to Montreal specifically to see the international fireworks competition.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly