• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What Diva Needs New Skis?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I guess the Word NEED is probably not right.
But I was wondering, which of the diva's is getting a new set of boards for the upcoming season?

Which of us needs new skis, or wants new skis but just doesn't know what to buy?

I know Lil got new skis for the new season. I bet you can't wait to get on them, huh Lil?

Now.......what does SnowHot need for the new season:D ?
What, in deed........lemme think............maybe something Phat?;)

snowflake

Certified Ski Diva
Ah...just what I was looking for.
I too am on the hunt for a new ski and wondering if any divas could be of help. (Paging SnowHot)
First pair I'm looking at are the Atomic Snoop Daddys. A mid fat ski, wonding if anyone here has ever skied it and could tell me how stiff it is.
Second pair I'm looking into are the Vokl AC4. I skied last years model and they were super fun, great on and off piste. This year they added metal under the binding I believe, also wondering if anyone has skied this years AC4. Any info would be of help thanks!

teachski

Certified Ski Diva
I don't need new skis, I WANT new skis. There is nothing wrong with either pair that I currently have. I want to get something right in the middle of them. I think I am going to do some demoing first though.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
snowflake said:
Ah...just what I was looking for.
I too am on the hunt for a new ski and wondering if any divas could be of help. (Paging SnowHot)
First pair I'm looking at are the Atomic Snoop Daddys. A mid fat ski, wonding if anyone here has ever skied it and could tell me how stiff it is.
Second pair I'm looking into are the Vokl AC4. I skied last years model and they were super fun, great on and off piste. This year they added metal under the binding I believe, also wondering if anyone has skied this years AC4. Any info would be of help thanks!
I have not tried the Atomic Snoop Daddy's but they are at the top of my Gotta Demo list!
If I were to list the top 5 skis I want to demo this year.
Snoop Daddy's
Attiva AC3
Attiva Aura
K2Nancy
K2Phat Luv

Now, for the AC4 of last year vs this year.
The real difference is the IPT binding set up, which is more of a channel system than a rail system.
I have not tried the 07, but I did ski on the 06 race tiger with the IPT binding and compared it to the P60 without the IPT. I think the IPT will only make the AC4 better than it already was, and personally I thought it was great before. Look for a bit more energy out of it:D

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
teachski said:
I don't need new skis, I WANT new skis. There is nothing wrong with either pair that I currently have. I want to get something right in the middle of them. I think I am going to do some demoing first though.
Need/Want............what's the difference?
;)

snowflake

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks for the input....
Still don't know what I want to do though, The AC4's were so much fun! On the other hand I cna get the Snoops at a good price. Maybe I'll buy both!:D Like I"ve learned a girl can never have too many skis

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You can get a deal on the snoops?!
Get em!

Maybe I'll buy both! Like I"ve learned a girl can never have too many skis

You can always pick up a deal on used AC4's(this is their second year);)

The Snoops intrigue me soooooooo much!:smile:
WHEN you get them you gotta review for us!:p

Bonni

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SnowHot said:
Need/Want............what's the difference?
;)

I need food to survive.......I WANT chocolate!:D

I got a pair of brand new One Luv's at a summer closeout near Killington this June. At least, they look new. No damage or wear anywhere. They had demo bindings on them, which is a good thing and a bad thing:

Good, because they'll fit my boots and any friends who want a ride on them.

Bad, because they would be a great ski to 'steal', since they'll fit any boots and the thieves friends' boots.

I got them for $275 complete, so I can't complain.:smile:

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought Lotta's at the beginning of our season, haven't got to use them yet. New poles on order from REI should arrive in a couple of weeks.

But... I'll probably end up buying a whole lot else in Chamonix.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Shellski said:
But... I'll probably end up buying a whole lot else in Chamonix.
A SkiDiva with the right attitude. Always leave your mind open to options!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna