• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: What are your thoughts on Surefoot ski boots?

R0ckette

Certified Ski Diva
Anyone have them?

Are they worth their price? (900-1200 USD)

While I love my Technicas, years decades of dancing have taken a toll on my feet and left me with a lot of calluses that sometimes do cause pressure points. I'm looking at new ski boots after this season as mine have now seen better days. A similar model would be a bit over 700 USD, so stretching a bit more for something completely custom may be worth it.

Jilly

Staff member
The only person I know that had them, said they didn't last long enough for her. Packed out or fell apart, I don't remember. She wasn't going back that's all I know.

R0ckette

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks @Jilly. I was thinking custom boot liners & footbeds with new Technica boots. The overall price would be about the same as the above anyway. Seeing Surefoot as having their own line of boots though did spark my curiosity.

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have not had them, but the boot fitters I have spoken to have all stated that they are not good. They tend to put you in a shell that is too big and just foam the bejeebus out of it. They also have not been fans of the surefoot footbeds either.

That being said, I've spoken to a few people on the slopes that had them and they love them. To some degree, it seems to depend on which surefoot tech you get to do your boots. I've heard that the one in NY is not great, but the Killington one is good.

rhymeandreason

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I really hated my surefoot boots. They could never get them right after multiple adjustments and blowouts. They were so painful that I would unbuckle on the lifts and take them completely off whenever we went into the lodge for a break. But I wasn’t well informed about boots and how they should fit when I got them, so perhaps I’m an outlier.

MilkyWookiee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My boot fitter typically recommends zip fit liners if you are looking to go completely custom, as they don't pack out. I haven't used them but they're definitely something to look into.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna