• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What are your goals for the 2017/2018 season?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Met my goal for this year, which was NO major falls or injuries.
Phew!
:clap:
Was almost a relief to take that last run and be done - and declare it.

ETA: I'd had some whopper falls/incidents (some NOT on snow) over the last 5-7 years - and they appear to have been "cumulative" in my body's angry response. :frown: I needed a "clean" season!

Jenny

Angel Diva
I was surprised that I didn’t swear when I hurt myself at Mammoth. What I remember shouting was a loud "ouch!" - I would have expected something saltier.

newboots

Angel Diva
I can't remember if I've sworn when getting injured (such as, falling down the stairs 2 years ago - broken hand and sprained ankle). I do know that when my skiing feels out-of-control, there's a not-too-loud, whisper-shouted, "F*** F*** F*** (etc.)" until I regain control or fall down. It seems to help.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Met my goal for this year, which was NO major falls or injuries.
Phew!
:clap:
Was almost a relief to take that last run and be done - and declare it.

I have to echo this. A great season with no falls (well, one where I sat down in some deep snow but I'm not counting that) and no injuries. I skied hard and often - and have to confess I did worry from time to time. Not about my own skiing, but about others - skiers and boarders - who simply seemed out of control. You can't really do much about that, except maybe not go skiing, but I sure did appreciate the days when the mountain was more or less empty.

Already have one goal for next season: new skis. Not sure what as I seem to love or really really like many skis I try. Loved the Super Joy, loved the Yumi, and really really liked (maybe a tiny bit less than loved) the Temptation 84. Also really really liked the Blizzard Alight 7.4 (I think it was) and for my free demo day at Tremblant I took out the only ski available in my size - Salomon WMax 08 - and really really liked it too. I think I'm fickle when it comes to ski love!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Loved the Super Joy, loved the Yumi, and really really liked (maybe a tiny bit less than loved) the Temptation 84.
We have similar preferences (and skiing styles!). I have the Super Joy, love it. Also the Temptation 84, but a 2015 model. Loved the Yumi when I demo'd. The Temptation line has been renamed Experience for next year, and the Experience 84 was a very nice improvement over the Temptation 84. So keep that in mind. Also, Yumi is now purportedly beefier?? Super Joy unchanged, and it's a great front-sider.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
I saw the women's Experience 84 for next year and do not like the colours. If I recall, they're blue and orange (ish), but not shades I loved. Not a valid reason, I guess, for not choosing a ski, but I have to admit I am influenced by graphics. I don't want to have to look at my skis when I'm on the lift and think that yuk, I don't like the colour!! Anyway, who knows what I'll end up with.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I saw the women's Experience 84 for next year and do not like the colours. If I recall, they're blue and orange (ish), but not shades I loved. Not a valid reason, I guess, for not choosing a ski, but I have to admit I am influenced by graphics. I don't want to have to look at my skis when I'm on the lift and think that yuk, I don't like the colour!! Anyway, who knows what I'll end up with.
Haha, yes, blue (I don't recall any orange, but I was on a lot of skis that day). But a definite and positive improvement over the Temptation 84, which was good. This was better.

Getting OT here, so I'll just say I had a pair of Nordica Wild Belles that had not-wonderful graphics/colors. But oh my, they skied well.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Not a valid reason, I guess, for not choosing a ski, but I have to admit I am influenced by graphics. I don't want to have to look at my skis when I'm on the lift and think that yuk, I don't like the colour!!

Me too.
I did not like the graphics of my first skis, I got that pair simply because I wanted to speed up my learning process.... So, when I was good enough to get a more "advanced" skis, I was excited and hoping I could finally get something pretty, with girly colors and graphics.

Much to my disappointment, the skis I tried that are suitable to my level, none of them have pretty graphics or colors. My options at that time were quite limited, as the saying goes: "Beggars cannot be choosers". So I settled w/ Rossi Temp 80. Don't get me wrong, this is a wonderful ski, I got plenty compliments from ski patrols, advanced skiers. But it just has this dull pattern and not so attractive purple color....

With that being said, it matches my burgundy red color ski pants very well. Few occasions, women skiers would comment: "Your ski matches the color of your pants!" My reply: "Yes. I know how to accessorize."
One guy also commented on the color match. I told him: "Believe it or not, the pants come w/ the skis as a set." I think for a brief second, he actually believed it! :becky:

Sorry for the side track, back to goals....

marzNC

Angel Diva
Pretty simple goals for 2017-18.

1) Meet more Divas
2) Ski a Taos black run from start to finish without stopping or hesitation. Something like Lorelei.
3) Keep up ski conditioning exercises during the season.
Had a good season but the goals were harder to accomplish mostly for reasons beyond my control. The bonus was a trip out west in May.

Couldn't even try for Goal #2 because there were no blacks open when I was at Taos for a Ski Week in February. Heading back to Taos next season so will probably be a goal again. Did the 7-min HIIT workout occasionally between Dec and Mar, but not much else in terms of ongoing ski conditioning.

Had a good time talking to one Diva in person for the first time at a Diva lunch in Boston last fall. We'd corresponded with for several years. Unexpectedly met a couple Divas who are lurkers. One is part of a local group of friends who ski Jiminy Peak midweek mornings. The other is a regular at Alta Lodge during a late season week but we hadn't talked before.

Skied with several Divas in more than one region. One of the best reasons to be a Ski Diva is being able to find like-minded women to ski with or get advice from when I travel in the winter and can fit in some skiing at ski areas/resorts I've never skied before. Always fun to show Divas or other friends around Alta or Massanutten, which are more or less my "home" mountains.

lucy

Angel Diva
To take my sick days so I can ski more. No excuses!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna