• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: What are the best ski gloves? I have Reynolds syndrome in my hands and need really warm gloves.

elemmac

Angel Diva
I just wish there were a little bitty thumb sized warmer for that compartment

I've said the same thing so many times. Someone needs to do this!

I know the packaging warms against that, but they barely feel more than warm on my skin. I don't know if I tolerate more heat than most or what.

I use them on colder days too, and I've never had them feel like they're burning either. Sometimes they just heat too much and I end up putting them in my pockets until my fingers get cold again...then back into the mittens.

altagirl

Staff member
I use them on colder days too, and I've never had them feel like they're burning either. Sometimes they just heat too much and I end up putting them in my pockets until my fingers get cold again...then back into the mittens.

Same here. If they are making your hands hot, let alone burning, take them out or move farther from the skin. If you have them outside a liner and you're still getting cold, try them against the skin.

If your hands were completely numb before adding the heaters, I can see where there is a risk of burning yourself. But, if you're starting with them against your skin from the warm car, you'd know if they are too hot and can throw them in your pocket instead.

Not to mention, having one in a pocket with your phone helps extend battery life!

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
I have Raynaud's too. I can't use liners because it actually decreases my circulation too much. So what I've found to be the best solution is to buy a base layer with thumb gaiters on the sleeves so they serve as a fingerless mitten inside of my mittens. I have a pair of gordini leather/downfilled mittens that were amazing, but they were way passed their prime and lost their warmth factor. I bought a pair of the Black Diamond Mercury Mitts from Steap and Cheap and am super excited to try them. I bought a large and a small. because the small I bought first was too small and not enough air inside. So I'm giving those to my neice and bought myself the large as I find that the more air inside, the warmer my hands stay. Now if I could only solve my toes from circulation issues. I bought boots too with a wider last that fixed that problem, but it did nothing for my skiing....

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have Raynaud's too. I can't use liners because it actually decreases my circulation too much. So what I've found to be the best solution is to buy a base layer with thumb gaiters on the sleeves so they serve as a fingerless mitten inside of my mittens.

I also have some of these, made by Marmot, that are solo - not attached to a shirt. They do tend to bunch up, though.

lucy

Angel Diva
I also have Raynaud's. I usually run with Hestra mitts, liners, and chemical heater packs. And that usually does the trick, especially on a single digit day. However, I have also found that for me, drinking caffeine or caffeinated drinks seems to make a cold day worse on my fingers and toes.... something about constricting blood vessels equals less circulation. After reading the previous posts, I'll try skiing tomorrow sans glove liners. It should be another single digit day... brrr.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly