• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What are Divas reading?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Just finished "American Dirt" by Jeanine Cummings..... could not put it down.
Riveting read....

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Devoted by Dean Koontz. It featured a super-smart golden retriever, the offspring of the original dog in Watchers? I have high hopes for this book, as I loved first one.

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm reading a novella by Colleen Hoover on my Kindle. It's about teenagers, love, sex, and drama. I don't know what it's called. I have to finish it in order to read something else.

Poll: Do you feel like you HAVE to finish something you're reading, or else it's a character flaw of some kind?

I have bailed on a few books but I don't like doing it.
I used to suffer it out but now if it take more than 3 chapters, I'm on to the next.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Dutch House was book club pick I enjoyed I’ll have to look at Bel Canto :smile:
also just read The bookish life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman very easy
I guess we are just reading lighter material these days.....

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Poll: Do you feel like you HAVE to finish something you're reading, or else it's a character flaw of some kind?

I have bailed on a few books but I don't like doing it.

I bail. Life's too short to waste it on bad books.

Just finished "Hidden Valley Road: Inside the Mind of an American Family," by Robert Kolker. It's nonfiction. An interesting read about a family in Colorado that had 12 children, 6 of them with schizophrenia(!).

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just picked up Turtles All The Way Down by John Green from my local downloadable library. I wasn't sure if I would like it at first, I found it a little hard to get into at first but really enjoyed it in the end. I need some comfort reading now so I'll reread some Jane Austen for nostalgia and the feel good endings.

gingerjess

Angel Diva
I've been reading "After the Flood" by Kassandra Montag. It feels somewhat relevant right now with everything going on. It's postapocalyptic, but focuses clearly on who the characters are as people and what drives them, rather than on the drama of the story.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm reading (and enjoying) the new Paulette Jiles book, SIMON THE FIDDLER, about a young man (who's a musician) finding his way in Texas right after the Civil War. Very good.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Used to never bail out. I will now.

One book was so bad. I couldn't take it any more. I give away most books after reading them. That one, I was very tempted to put a $5-bill and a note in it, "if you have read this far, you deserve a tip".

I was reading a book recently that seemed to have a decent story line, but I found I wasn't picking it up to read more. Finally, I decided there was obviously nothing that appealing about the book, so I set it aside and moved on.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In the Shadow of the Banyan, a novel based on the experience of a family in Cambodia when the Khmer Rouge took over. Well-written, interesting story, but ugly history.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
On the not so light side, I just finished Kristin Hannah's Four Winds...... Depressing....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly