• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What are Divas reading?

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just returned from Puerto Vallarta…… read "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn……what a beach read! Was very unpredictable….. anyone read it?
I read the book but have not seen the movie yet, but will probably watch it at some point. Supposedly the movie ends a little differently than the book. GG is the only murder mystery I've read, so I have nothing to compare it to. I would agree that is was creepy! It did not make me want to read another murder mystery at least.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I read the book but have not seen the movie yet, but will probably watch it at some point. Supposedly the movie ends a little differently than the book. GG is the only murder mystery I've read, so I have nothing to compare it to. I would agree that is was creepy! It did not make me want to read another murder mystery at least.
I know. It was the weirdest book I've ever read! And so unpredictable! A beach read I could not put down though. Now reading Isabel Allende "Ines of my Soul." A bit slow….

I saw the movie gone girl and loved it but want to read the book now What a strange story.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm reading an anthology called Masterpieces of Terror and the Supernatural. Some of these stories are truly deliciously spooky and creepy. Am listening to The Fiery Cross, Outlander Book 5, in the car. Am perusing Your Personal Paleo Code/The Paleo Cure by Chris Kresser on my Kindle.

By the way, reading on the iPad was not comfortable, so I got the new Paperwhite Kindle. Love it.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Ann Rule has passed away. Its sad. She's always been one of my favorite crime writers. I have read many of her books over the years and even corresponded with her years ago when I emailed her a story idea via her blog.

https://www.king5.com/story/news/local/seattle/2015/07/27/seattle-true-crime-writer-ann-rule-dies/30744985/

I was so sad to hear about her passing as well. I got hooked on her books after stumbling across her Ted Bundy one, man that book made me not want to turn out the lights.. cannot imagine having known him like she had.

_steener

Diva in Training
I've got a few books to get through this summer still, but so far my favourite was Girl On the Train. It's a thriller/mystery novel, which I tend to lean towards. It bounces around through different POVs. If the perspective change doesn't bother you, it's definitely worth a read!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I've got a few books to get through this summer still, but so far my favourite was Girl On the Train. It's a thriller/mystery novel, which I tend to lean towards. It bounces around through different POVs. If the perspective change doesn't bother you, it's definitely worth a read!
On my list to read..

MissySki

Angel Diva

My coworker is reading this right now and she's raving about it, I'll need to grab it as well it seems. :smile:

Girl on the train was EXCELLENT. Read it for our last book club. LOVED THIS book.

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just finished "Euphoria" by Lily King, which I really liked. Now I'm reading "Into the Wild" by Jon Krakauer; I know, it came out in 1997, but I'm only getting around to it.

"Euphoria" looks good. adding that to my list, thanks. I read a David Baldacci book that I liked just before surgery and decided I would read ALL of his books. Dumb, but I'm about halfway through so no stopping now. After every two books or so I read someone else or I'd be nuts by now. Some are better than others. This is really the first spring/summer in a very long time that I haven't been stuck in textbooks, so it's all good.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I'm reading Dance of Dragons, the latest in the Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones). I never thought I would love fantasy so much. What an incredible mind this man has.

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Enjoyed all of my last reads....

Euphoria-historical fiction loosely based on anthropologist Margaret Mead.
Influence-The psychology of persuasion
The Martian-Survival on mars. Movie is in the making.

I really enjoyed the movie Into the Wild. Still reading Fade to White by Ski Diva which I am thoroughly enjoying. So many good books out there.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I really enjoyed the movie Into the Wild. Still reading Fade to White by Ski Diva which I am thoroughly enjoying. So many good books out there.

The Wild Truth (https://www.npr.org/2014/11/11/363120048/behind-the-famous-story-a-difficult-truth) was written by Chris McCandless's sister. It's marketed as "setting the record straight" on why Chris did what he did. I think it's better to consider it a memoir in its own right. Many people have claimed that Carine McCandless is sensationalizing their upbringing to capitalize on his death. I watched PBS's Return to the Wild last year (https://www.pbs.org/program/return-to-the-wild/), which unfortunately isn't available online anymore. There were a few interviews with his parents. My impression of them is that something is off. They seemed really excited to be interviewed about their son's death.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna