• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add webmaster@theskidiva.com to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What are Divas reading?

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yay, I've read a bunch of things since the last time this thread popped up. The best ones:

The Calculating Stars + The Fated Sky - Easy sci-fi, centered on an alternate timeline where a meteor strikes the east coast of the US in the 50s. I really enjoyed the story, but I was dying for more backstory / fleshing out of the world. Recommend overall. I was inspired to pick it up by this tweet:
Destiny of the Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine and the Murder of a President: Super good! About the assassination of James Garfield, but also covers the development of metal detectors by Bell and the development of modern antiseptic practices by Lister. Cannot recommend enough if you're into narrative history.

Educated: A Memoir: About a woman who grows up on an isolated fundamentalist homestead and somehow makes her way to college at Cambridge. Both horrifying and inspiring. Very good, I thought.

Educated: A Memoir: About a woman who grows up on an isolated fundamentalist homestead and somehow makes her way to college at Cambridge. Both horrifying and inspiring. Very good, I thought.
Thanks for the reminder - meant to look for this. I think I heard an interview with her.

Lmk92

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love what you're reading, Rachel! I'm sure you know Hank has written his own novel. I hope he's as good as his brother!

I haven't read a lot since visiting this thread. I did read a couple of quick reads and restarted The Secret Chord by Geraldine Brooks. Although I hate to bring politics into the forum, I'm currently reading Fear by Woodward. Eye opening.

Tvan

Angel Diva
I don’t have time to read, but am enjoying audiobooks in the car on my daily commute.

I just finished listening to “The Poisonwood Bible” as an audio book. What a magnificent piece of writing. Truly marvelous. I may need to listen to it again.

Tvan

Angel Diva
I’ve read it several times. Listening to it was a completely different experience. Such rich, evocative language. Truly magnificent.

Staff online

Members Online