• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What age can baby start skiing?

NWSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A friend was a race coach for youth programs in Alaska for over a decade before moving here. His daughter is now 2.5 and in her first year skiing at the local hill. Last year he did some sliding on snow with her sitting in a sled to get her introduced to the idea of what sliding on snow felt like. At the hill this year they will ride the carpet a few times and go together on the chair to the 400’ long green a few times. Maybe spend 35-45 minutes total after booting up and go home when she is tired. He is super focused on her having fun and stopping while it’s still fun. I think this is a great kid centered experience.

For the helmets part really little kids wear helmets all the time now on their trikes/balance bikes etc so I think light helmets appropriate to their neck strength are out there for purchase. A decade ago when my kids were little I think the recommendations for kids starting to ride in a bike towed carrier was wait until 6 months so they could wear the helmet safely although that could have changed by now.
Love that! Fun above everything

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly