• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

We're Sweet Sixteen!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
16Years.jpg

Well, just about, anyway. We launched on September 6, 2006, so that's sixteen amazing years. And though tradition calls that Sweet Sixteen, "Sweet" doesn't begin to describe it. We're a fierce bunch of women who get our kicks from being out in the cold, sliding down mountains, and spending our hard-earned cash not on frills and perfume. but on gear that facilitates an outdoor, hard charging lifestyle.

I love the women on this forum. Correction: I should say I love the women in this community. Because that's what we are. Over the years, many of us have become so much more than just anonymous people conversing on the internet. We've become friends who support each other not just in skiing, but in all sorts of life experiences. I've met a bunch of you, and a finer group of women you won't find anywhere else..

So let's take a stroll down Memory Lane. When did you join TheSkiDiva? Why? Any memories you'd like to share?

Last edited:

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
....We launched on September 6, 2006, so that's sixteen amazing years.....So let's take a stroll down Memory Lane. When did you join TheSkiDiva? Why? Any memories you'd like to share?
I joined Sept 8, 2006. I don't remember how I found out about its launch, but I jumped at the opportunity to join a women's forum as soon as it showed up online. It was very exciting to watch the forum grow.

Latetotheparty

Certified Ski Diva
Congratulations on “Sweet 16”! I have only been here 2 or 3 seasons- but I am so grateful to have found you. This is an astonishingly welcoming place to come visit, and so very helpful! And so very funny - I never leave without a smile and a chuckle.

newbieM

Angel Diva
Happy sweet 16! I joined in the middle of the pandemic. I was 40 and about to embark on my first ever ski adventure and was looking for advice for new skiers. I found this group to be so warm and welcoming. I even joined up with a ski diva at Alta for some fun skiing together. I’m so lucky to have found this encouraging, inviting and hilarious community.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Its been so long, I don't even remember. I was at the first? Bears/Divas Mother's Day meetup at A-Basin in 2008 (I think) with @SnowHot, @Jilly, @Robyn, and I don't even remember who else.

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
After moving to Munich and taking on the challenge of learning to ski well enough to keep up with my new friends, I took private lessons each weekend. I soon wanted to buy my own equipment. Searching for ski technique and purchasing skis I came across the site. The site says Feb 2008. So I came for the expertise, I stayed for the family feel. I love learning from the technical forums, I like to contribute where I can...and I REALLY love Diva Dogs and bird pics :-). I've not been on a Diva East/West, but look forward to Diva Europe.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I joined in November 2007. I'm not around as much anymore, mainly because my work is more time consuming and I've spent the last 4 years in law school (I'm officially a licensed attorney as of this past Monday!) while continuing to work. However, some of my closest friends are from this site (some crossing over to Epic/SkiTalk) and I'm grateful to have found them and the enormous amount of information and support here. I've spent time with members doing all sorts of different activities, not just skiing, and I've even met up with one Diva in both England and Hong Kong. I spent time with a friend I met through this site just last week. Here's a few pics:

My first meet up with Pinto and Snowhot in February 2008.
1667506994827.png

November 2008 with KatyPerrey (Pinto was with us that day as well.)
1667507111036.png

Hiking with Pinto and SkiNurse in August 2012 (Ignore my horrible haircut.)
1667507742991.png

Mother's Day 2010 with Luvbug (?), itri, RachelV, Pinto, Shannon (can't remember screen name), Jilly, and Snowhot.
1667507826764.png

March 2010 with Lilabear, a former member, DeAnn's son, DeAnn, Severine, and Katy.
1667507887533.png

MissySki

Angel Diva
I joined in November 2007. I'm not around as much anymore, mainly because my work is more time consuming and I've spent the last 4 years in law school (I'm officially a licensed attorney as of this past Monday!) while continuing to work. However, some of my closest friends are from this site (some crossing over to Epic/SkiTalk) and I'm grateful to have found them and the enormous amount of information and support here. I've spent time with members doing all sorts of different activities, not just skiing, and I've even met up with one Diva in both England and Hong Kong. I spent time with a friend I met through this site just last week. Here's a few pics:

My first meet up with Pinto and Snowhot in February 2008.
View attachment 19490

November 2008 with KatyPerrey (Pinto was with us that day as well.)
View attachment 19491

Hiking with Pinto and SkiNurse in August 2012 (Ignore my horrible haircut.)
View attachment 19493

Mother's Day 2010 with Luvbug (?), itri, RachelV, Pinto, Shannon (can't remember screen name), Jilly, and Snowhot.
View attachment 19494

March 2010 with Lilabear, a former member, DeAnn's son, DeAnn, Severine, and Katy.
View attachment 19495
Congratulations on finishing law school!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna