• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Welcome to my life

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A wife asks her husband, "Could you please go shopping for me and buy one carton of milk, and if they have eggs, get 6!"

A short time later the husband comes back with 6 cartons of milk. The wife asks him, "Why the hell did you buy 6 cartons of milk?" He replied, "They had eggs."

altagirl

Staff member
View attachment 2862

My hubby sent this to me....if the shoe fits :smile:

Hahahahaha

And very appropriate. Very sadly, we lost our older dog last week. He was a 13, which is pretty old for a lab, and suddenly the tumors/lumps so common in labs took over and that was it. Went from doing great to clearly being done in a matter of about 24 hours. Sigh.

Anyway, back to the funny part. We've talked about getting another pet so our younger dog would have a companion. An we knew that the time was coming for our older dog, unfortunately. IMHO, that means, you know... now. Right? I may just like to distract myself from being sad, but whatever. DH was like, uh, I was thinking this fall maybe?

Our compromise is that we're going to foster a dog to see how it works out. And I'm picking her up tomorrow.

So, yeah. Hahah, the dog compromise usually ends up being whatever I really want. Our younger dog was also a "one night foster sleepover" to help out the rescue group. Haha. He has veto power, but it's never come to that yet.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm sorry to read about the loss of your lab.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hahahahaha

And very appropriate. Very sadly, we lost our older dog last week. He was a 13, which is pretty old for a lab, and suddenly the tumors/lumps so common in labs took over and that was it. Went from doing great to clearly being done in a matter of about 24 hours. Sigh.

Anyway, back to the funny part. We've talked about getting another pet so our younger dog would have a companion. An we knew that the time was coming for our older dog, unfortunately. IMHO, that means, you know... now. Right? I may just like to distract myself from being sad, but whatever. DH was like, uh, I was thinking this fall maybe?

Our compromise is that we're going to foster a dog to see how it works out. And I'm picking her up tomorrow.

So, yeah. Hahah, the dog compromise usually ends up being whatever I really want. Our younger dog was also a "one night foster sleepover" to help out the rescue group. Haha. He has veto power, but it's never come to that yet.

Sweet Moose. He'll be missed.

We had a similar dynamic, maybe more extreme. When we had my cat Oscar euthanized, DH said, okay, no new pets for at least six months, okay? Let's mourn Oscar. I agreed. Three days later, I started searching for puppies and kittens online. Two days after that, Loki came home with me. I just couldn't deal with the idea of only one pet in the house.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A wife asks her husband, "Could you please go shopping for me and buy one carton of milk, and if they have eggs, get 6!"

A short time later the husband comes back with 6 cartons of milk. The wife asks him, "Why the hell did you buy 6 cartons of milk?" He replied, "They had eggs."

I've heard this as a joke about engineers. Cracks me up every time.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Hahahahaha

So sorry to hear about the loss of your lab; so very hard. We too lost our labx last June, very quickly, from systemic lung cancer. Diagnosed and gone in a week...he was only 9. I went from 3 dogs to feeling like I had zero as our old lady hound sleeps upstairs most of the time, and our boxerx was so sad she went up to join her. Hence the entrance of our spotted wonder, Loki (@bounceswoosh, how funny is that?), who lives up to his name.

I have a friend that would love the engineer joke, must pass that along!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@lisamamot - our Loki is also a trouble maker. I saw it in his eyes when I got him. I wanted that lively energy. He's a sweetheart, a mama's boy, and a total pain in the butt. Love him.

abc

Banned
Sorry for being a little dumb...

Are there milk that got eggs in it? Or do all milk got eggs in it?

Jenny

Angel Diva
Sorry for being a little dumb...

Are there milk that got eggs in it? Or do all milk got eggs in it?
It's just wordplay abc. She wasn't specific enough that if the store had eggs then she wanted six eggs in addition to the one milk. So since the store had eggs, he brought her six milks.

abc

Banned
Duh!

Thanks for the explanation. I thought he mistaken it as "if the milk got eggs" which is easy to do for guy who doesn't do much grocery shopping. Didn't realize it could also mean "if the STORE has eggs"!

SkadiSkiGrrl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

If only this situation didn't seem completely plausible...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna