• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Welch Village - Welch, MN

shadoj

Angel Diva
Hiya, midwest ladies! Winter feels like it might be finally here for the season. Welch Village is my "home" hill where I have a season pass this year; I will do my best to update conditions for the lurkers post-ski. Reminder: there is an open invitation for anyone to join me skiing on the hill this year!

Tuesday, 12/28/21:

Made it out to Welch around noon. 20F, overcast, wind dying down, flurries had already started. Crowds much less than expected, lines not too bad, and got parking near the chalet because some of the early birds had left by then.

Snowmaking going on *everywhere*. Winch cat was out on Chicken, but it's not open yet -- getting close, though! The east triple (chair 5) opened, allowing access to Belle Creek Ridge & Dike Run; both had some nice fluff on the sides. The cats have demolished the whales on Wild Finale, which is now mostly open and sking fast (like everything today).

Surface snow is currently a mix from today's snow guns (several inches) and the natural stuff (2-3 inches, fluffy and dry). "Base" is maybe 24". The surface of the base is mainly hardpack with a few icy patches, but not anything too hard to get an edge into. The frozen lakes from this weekend seem to have been well-marked by ski patrol. Temperatures are supposed to drop this week, so things will probably stay firm & fast.

All-in-all an above-average snow-condition day for the midwest, plus lots of folks on holiday having a great time adding to the atmosphere!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna