• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Weird foot pain—boots or me?

Getting Ready

Angel Diva
I have been trying to figure out if this a boot issue or a me issue. Often on my third or fourth run the outside of my right forefoot starts to hurt. If I push through it, it stops. I wonder if it has something to do with way I’m turning or something or if I need to have my boots tweaked. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I will say that the things I’m working on are moving my body down hill more, more edge and unclenching my darn toes. It could be related to that but the pain is only on one side. I asked my husband if I turned differently on one side but he didn’t see anything.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
1) we’re all lopsided. No one is perfectly symmetrical. If you think about your outer foot, is it the foot that is uphill or downhill on your weaker turning side? While your husband didn’t see anything, do you feel like your turns are perfectly symmetrical?

2) how tightly are you buckling the boots over your foot?

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's your boots, however, if it goes away after a few runs, and doesn't bother you after you're done skiing, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It sounds like it's on your styloid process, which is a common pressure point in ski boots. If it persists and bothers you that much, you can have that area of your boot punched by a boot fitter to make a bit more room.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I get the same thing in my left foot, normally about half an hour into the day. If I rest up for a bit it goes and then I'm good for the rest of the day. It's been suggested here that getting the foot bed adjusted would help immensely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly