• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Weather Whine Thread

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
It finally snowed this weekend. Seven Springs and Hidden Valley were saved from the brink...although we still aren't fully open. And they are predicting 45 and rain for the next 5 days. UGH.

newboots

Angel Diva
Yes. We have beautiful new snow, and it’s snowing now, but the bad wet stuff is predicted in a couple of hours. :cry:

Belgiangirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's so warm here in the French Alps it might as well be summer - we've had so many days with over 50 degree weather it's really a bit ridiculous at this point. Yesterday we had a high of 85°F on our terrace :crazy: BF was skiing in his t-shirt. On top of that, the past two weeks and the next couple of weeks are all holiday periods in France and/or surrounding countries, so it's crowded on the slopes. We've only had a handful of days with fresh snow and maybe 3 powder days since we got here 2,5 months ago. It's supposed to start snowing tomorrow but I hardly think that's possible, with these temperatures we'll get hammered with rain :frown:

newboots

Angel Diva
It's so warm here in the French Alps it might as well be summer - we've had so many days with over 50 degree weather it's really a bit ridiculous at this point. Yesterday we had a high of 85°F on our terrace :crazy: BF was skiing in his t-shirt. On top of that, the past two weeks and the next couple of weeks are all holiday periods in France and/or surrounding countries, so it's crowded on the slopes. We've only had a handful of days with fresh snow and maybe 3 powder days since we got here 2,5 months ago. It's supposed to start snowing tomorrow but I hardly think that's possible, with these temperatures we'll get hammered with rain :frown:

I’m so sorry! We are having a low snow year in Vermont, and today our fourth major thaw. Our local resorts have strong snowmaking, so we still get to ski but many days prefer not to because the goggles don’t have windshield wipers! Freezing rain is especially trying.

But your situation sounds much worse! Crossing our fingers for a colder March.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’m so sorry! We are having a low snow year in Vermont, and today our fourth major thaw. Our local resorts have strong snowmaking, so we still get to ski but many days prefer not to because the goggles don’t have windshield wipers! Freezing rain is especially trying.

But your situation sounds much worse! Crossing our fingers for a colder March.

There was a post by the weather station in Maine yesterday showing that our snow pack is average to a little bit above for this time of year. I wouldn’t have thought it, but here we are. Northern New Hampshire is the same, while southern is supposedly lower than average. Not sure what the specifics are for Vermont, but seems like the northern part isn’t doing bad right now at least. Not excited by this latest warm up though.. We are set for potentially another foot of snow Wednesday-Thursday at Sunday River, fingers crossed! It just stinks that if we do get it we’ll probably be replacing a bunch of snow from this warm up versus just adding to it. Hoping for a cold and snowy March!

newboots

Angel Diva
That's good news for Diva East, @MissySki ! I'm in south central Vermont (Okemo-Killington), and a few of our storms have left much more snow further north.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Man, we've had it all in the greater Ludlow, VT, area today: heavy wet snow, rain, sleet, rain/snow mix. It's awful. I look out the window and it's just YUK! No skiing for me today.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Man, we've had it all in the greater Ludlow, VT, area today: heavy wet snow, rain, sleet, rain/snow mix. It's awful. I look out the window and it's just YUK! No skiing for me today.

I know Sunday River went back and forth a bit this morning, but looks to be full snow at this point on the webcam. I’m not skiing today, so I’m happy to have it be a heavy wet snow. Hopefully there will be a good amount to build up the base on the natural trails and actually bond on covering up rocks etc. in the trees!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I got as far as carrying my gear to the lodge! It was pouring as I put my skis down. I had a latte, read the paper on my phone and was told by a couple of regulars I (and you) made the right call. WET knee ripping snow, no visibility and the wind was coming up. Bleah!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The forecast for rain today made me prioritize cleaning house over ski clinic. Not too often that happens.

I'm saving that for tomorrow when high winds are expected! Or ... the weekend in case the upstairs 'guests' (using the property management term!) are loud enough to annoy me into vacuuming!! :becky:

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The forecast for rain today made me prioritize cleaning house over ski clinic. Not too often that happens.
I went to the clinic- there were only 2 attendees (and about 5 instructors available). We each wound up with a private! A bit wet (rain then sleet and finally snow), but the snow was in good condition and by late morning the sun even came out.
I'm saving that for tomorrow when high winds are expected!
I may wind up doing that tomorrow. We are currently debating if we want to drive to Loon tonight to meet up with some friends to ski- Loon was closed due to the wind today.

LA Coombs

Certified Ski Diva
I know Sunday River went back and forth a bit this morning, but looks to be full snow at this point on the webcam. I’m not skiing today, so I’m happy to have it be a heavy wet snow. Hopefully there will be a good amount to build up the base on the natural trails and actually bond on covering up rocks etc. in the trees!
It sounds like it was heavy and wet and will adhere but less than a mile away from the mountain it was a lot less than the 8” boasted by Sunday River. I hope their higher elevation meant more snow.
CFF26DBB-68C2-4DF8-855B-DC715AFD29D0.jpeg

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Now if we can avoid wind holds on the lifts at Okemo today ......

kiranbot

Certified Ski Diva
This February might be the driest on record in Tahoe. Death Valley has seen more rain in February than Redding/Mt. Shasta has.

IMG_20200215_105359.jpg

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m definitely in weather whine mood. It’s getting to me and I’m usually pretty positive. it probably didn’t help that the run I went down this morning was rolled up death cookies. They were so big they were probably death donuts! No way to get an edge. An instructor stopped next to me and commented that he thought he’d shaken a filling out! Joking but it was that bad. I understood a couple of runs were somewhat less awful. I went in way early. But there are a lot of people I knew to hang around with for a little while!

I decided to be more optimistic for tomorrow. Today not so much. And I’m going to pack a load of stuff to drive home on Friday when it is raining. That makes me sad too! :cry:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dreamofskiing