• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Weather Whine Thread

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Looks like we missed out on the freezing rain. It rain ed, but That's that is frozen to the trees. So no power outages. Now for 10cm of snow.

I saw that Tremblant reported 18 cm last night, but looking at webcam pics I don't see that much snow. Tremblant used to be very good at accurately reporting conditions - now I'm wondering. Do you know for sure how much they got? It was SO good last week - I was there Tuesday and Wednesday and snow in the trees on the lower Edge was a dream.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
Nothing but rain here at Whiteface Saturday, and a little drizzle this morning with blustery winds. Heard the gondola was on wind hold. Some snow flurries amounting to nothing this afternoon. If it’s not too windy tomorrow I will see how bad the boiler plate is! Come on Mother Nature...take your Prozac! We need snow!

Jilly

Staff member
SkiBam, not sure. One of my clients and most of the local business men are there this week for their annual sojurn. I imagine Mark will report to me.

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
We had a warm bluebird spring skiing day today at Hunter from 12-4. The south face was so awesome I was able to ski diamonds. I hope we get more snow soon.

Attachments

• CF3E72EF-4325-4562-8130-5E3646D07F9E.jpeg
    CF3E72EF-4325-4562-8130-5E3646D07F9E.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 4

Jenny

Angel Diva
This winter sucks, so far. When we skied in November, I though maybe, finally, this year, we'd get break out of the teens and get 20 days in before the season ended. Now it feels like we'll be lucky to ski around here again at all. Glad I made our plane reservations for Taos and Denver or I’d really be in a funk.

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
This winter sucks, so far. When we skied in November, I though maybe, finally, this year, we'd get break out of the teens and get 20 days in before the season ended. Now it feels like we'll be lucky to ski around here again at all. Glad I made our plane reservations for Taos and Denver or I’d really be in a funk.
Where are you Jenny? Michigan? I grew up in Metro Detroit.

newboots

Angel Diva
I see someone has (appropriately) edited the name of this thread. I heard many trails at Killington we’re closed, more as the day wore on to preserve the snow from being ruined by skiers and boarders.

I could see from the town that Okemo’s trails are in deficit territory.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There is NO snow in town or anywhere besides what is left on the slopes. At least we don't have avalanches. A friend in Utah HAD been going up to Snowbird for the afternoon ..... but not after this:
Wow! We left Utah yesterday. Predictions were for several feet of snow in the mountains. We're in Glenwood Springs and the snow is hammering. Will probably ski Snowmass tomorrow.

MsWax

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today was fabulous at Sunday River!! No rain until tonight and the snow was soft hero snow. There was even sun. Besides the part of this warm up hurting the snow pack, the skiing was so much fun!

Saturday was fantastic at Cannon as well. The upper mountain was on wind hold all day, but everything that was open on the lower mountain was a ton of fun! No rain until after the lifts closed.

It was so good we were even planning to brave the rain on Sunday, but the winds and temps were more than the mountain could handle, and they didn't even open on Sunday...

MissySki

Angel Diva
Saturday was fantastic at Cannon as well. The upper mountain was on wind hold all day, but everything that was open on the lower mountain was a ton of fun! No rain until after the lifts closed.

It was so good we were even planning to brave the rain on Sunday, but the winds and temps were more than the mountain could handle, and they didn't even open on Sunday...

We were lucky with the wind, there was some but it was mild enough not to affect lift operations. It was also a strangely warm wind, which is so unusual to feel skiing down.. much nicer than cold wind haha! And now the race to recover is on! I found it amusing that it was almost 70 degrees at home in MA yesterday and yet my drive into Cambridge this morning was in the 30s and there were some little snow flurries happening. What crazy weather!

slyfox4

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How much time do you think Loon will need to recover? Boilerplate is not fun!

A lot of time. They lost A LOT of snowpack over the weekend. The consistent rain seemed to have missed the mountain, but the dense fog really killed the snowpack. Entire left side of Sunset (from North Peak) is down to grass. We spent the afternoon dodging dirt patches all day yesterday. I started a thread for conditions at Loon - I'll go update it.

jokael

Certified Ski Diva
I want to whine as well, although being in Europe.....

This winter is the first in my 42 years (I've checked the statistics) where we haven't had one frosty day yet (and of course, no snow). Actually, the temperature is 45 degrees at the moment, and no sign of it going much lower in a near future.
We're not a "snow-country" in that sense, but we usually have some snow and frost from november till march. And the worst part is, that our go-to destination in Sweden isn't much better, weather-wise. A bit colder since it's more north, but not enough to make snow.
This requires 3 or more frosty days in a row and since december there has only been a few nights where it hit the frost mark for a few hours and then back up again.
:cry:
Of course we can go further north, but I have a limit saying not more than 8 hours by car. This should not be necessary in the winter!

Current weather at the ski resort - I fear that this could actually be the first season the don't open for skiing (the have mountainbiking in the summer and has actually re-opened for bike-renting last week......:
Isaberg vejr.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna