• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wearing make-up when skiing

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My 17yrd DD wears fake eyelashes every single day, apparently they do not bother her in her ski goggles. I'll typically do my eyes bc we'll also be eating out for lunch/dinner and I don't want to scare anyone. In other sports I'm make up free, waterskiing/running/morning workouts.

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Which one do you use? I've tried a few and made a mess of things. Think it was Benefit. Now use Chanel Stylo Sourcils Waterproof eyebrow pencil. It's long lasting and easy application..... Stopped using waterproof mascara as removing removed eyelashes as well. Looks like this https://www.chanel.com/us/makeup/p/...MI7-TWp86x5gIVkx6tBh3EVAnMEAQYAiABEgKcU_D_BwE
Like Bobbi Brown mascara as have thin wand...
A special remover, both Lancome bifacial remover plus one of the drugstore's that you need to shake work really well and gently.

kiki

Angel Diva
Yes the lancome bifacial makeup remover is great for waterproof mascara and helping to prevent damaging lashes
They often include a fairly large size in the free bonus kits

MissySki

Angel Diva
Yes I have used the Lancôme one!

Did this work better for you? I also stopped using waterproof mascara due to feeling like I was always pulling out lashes during removal. I don’t usually have an issue with the non-waterproof during activities for the most part though so no biggie.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Did this work better for you? I also stopped using waterproof mascara due to feeling like I was always pulling out lashes during removal. I don’t usually have an issue with the non-waterproof during activities for the most part though so no biggie.
Yes it did but also found waterproof mascara way too clumpy. Not nice and smooth.. used to always buy Lancôme

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've stopped using makeup remover for when I have anything waterproof on and instead just wash with a cleansing oil followed by my regular face wash. I've felt like that does the best job of removing everything first go around than anything else I've tried.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Clinique Take the Day Off does a pretty good job, It comes in a pot and is a balm as opposed to a liquid.

I agree waterproof mascaras are tough to remove. I wear drugstore mascaras - Maybelline and Covergirl. I just purchased a water resistant that I am going to try out for skiing as I hope removal will be easier.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Clinique Take the Day Off does a pretty good job, It comes in a pot and is a balm as opposed to a liquid.

I agree waterproof mascaras are tough to remove. I wear drugstore mascaras - Maybelline and Covergirl. I just purchased a water resistant that I am going to try out for skiing as I hope removal will be easier.

I strictly use Physicians Formula for mascara, although I prefer their non-waterproof formula and wand to the waterproof equivalent. But basically same. I use drugstore mascara.

This is the cleansing oil I use: https://www.etudehouse.com/int/en/i...rt-cleansing-oil-moisture-advanced-185ml.html

I've been trying to stick to cruelty-free stuff but nails is my one weakness. I LOVE OPI.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
CF in the sense of I buy from some CF owned brands that are owned by non-CF brands... see Tarte and Kose. Or Burt's Bees and Clorox. Or Etude and Amorepacific.

I haven't gone strict CF in the sense of companies owned by companies that don't test b/c I was a Tarte loyalist before Kose bought them and I'm super pale but I also have a yellow undertone to my skin so foundation/TM is a nightmare for me.

I thought I should clarify b/c obviously Tarte and Etude aren't strictly CF.

Jenny

Angel Diva

newboots

Angel Diva
I just haven’t had the patience for foundation, blush, and eye makeup for many years. I’m going to stick with my brows and lips - it’s more than enough for me!

SnowSeeker

Angel Diva
Tubing type mascara is great for non-water sports. I use Thrive mascara and it doesn’t budge until I wash my face (and then the tubes just slide off). I find it gentler on my lashes than waterproof. Clinique and Blinc also make good ones. This article lists various brands: https://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beauty/beauty/g28691358/tubing-mascara/

I never wore much makeup in my 20s/30s and I didn’t understand why anyone would bother, especially while skiing or hiking. Then kids came, followed by my 40s, plus a lot of stress. Now I no longer judge anyone for what they do to make themselves feel confident. Mascara and concealer make me look more awake and it takes me 2 minutes. When my husband says “Why are you putting makeup on? Don’t do it for me”, I tell him it’s not for him, it’s for me.

Now if anyone has a solution for strengthening aging hair and how to protect it from breakage under a helmet, I’m all ears!

Cyprissa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have you tried French braiding your hair under your helmet? I use a keratin/protein spray, then braid and smooth with some hairspray or light gel. I never have any damage or breakage and I find it comfortable under my helmet.

Tubing type mascara is great for non-water sports. I use Thrive mascara and it doesn’t budge until I wash my face (and then the tubes just slide off). I find it gentler on my lashes than waterproof. Clinique and Blinc also make good ones. This article lists various brands: https://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beauty/beauty/g28691358/tubing-mascara/

I never wore much makeup in my 20s/30s and I didn’t understand why anyone would bother, especially while skiing or hiking. Then kids came, followed by my 40s, plus a lot of stress. Now I no longer judge anyone for what they do to make themselves feel confident. Mascara and concealer make me look more awake and it takes me 2 minutes. When my husband says “Why are you putting makeup on? Don’t do it for me”, I tell him it’s not for him, it’s for me.

Now if anyone has a solution for strengthening aging hair and how to protect it from breakage under a helmet, I’m all ears!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Now if anyone has a solution for strengthening aging hair and how to protect it from breakage under a
I wear an unlined beanie (usually Skida Nordic) under my helmet. It keeps me warmer and also looks cute when I take my helmet off - plus it hides helmet hair!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly