• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wearing make-up when skiing

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do tell! What’s the winning formula??
Gladly!
Face: Supergoop Unseen, Supergoop Mineral Matte, EltaMD 41 Clear or EltaMD UV Tinted.
Eyelid: Lancôme Aquatique Waterproof Base
Eyeliner: Sephora 12 hour, Makeup Forever Aqua XL, ELF Workout Ready
Mascara: L’Oréal Lash Paradise Waterproof, ELF Workout Ready, IT Cosmetics Tightline Waterproof
Brow: Makeup Forever Aqua Brow Waterproof (tube)
Lip: Makeup Forever Aqua Lip pencil
Take it all off with: Makeup Forever Sens Eyes Remover
Bonus: Makeup Forever has Aqua Seal drops which allows you to take your favorite shadows and make them waterproof.

This is my collection. I don’t wear it all, but I’ve run these all through workout, ski trips and in water. All of this is mermaid approved. :smile:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Gladly!
Face: Supergoop Unseen, Supergoop Mineral Matte, EltaMD 41 Clear or EltaMD UV Tinted.
Eyelid: Lancôme Aquatique Waterproof Base
Eyeliner: Sephora 12 hour, Makeup Forever Aqua XL, ELF Workout Ready
Mascara: L’Oréal Lash Paradise Waterproof, ELF Workout Ready, IT Cosmetics Tightline Waterproof
Brow: Makeup Forever Aqua Brow Waterproof (tube)
Lip: Makeup Forever Aqua Lip pencil
Take it all off with: Makeup Forever Sens Eyes Remover
Bonus: Makeup Forever has Aqua Seal drops which allows you to take your favorite shadows and make them waterproof.

This is my collection. I don’t wear it all, but I’ve run these all through workout, ski trips and in water. All of this is mermaid approved. :smile:

I don’t think I owned that much make up back when I was in corporate and had to wear it! I’m one of the sunblock and done types on here. Mostly because I’m lazy! And I can’t draw a straight line without a ruler! :wink:

KBee

Angel Diva
Women need to do what they want and support each other's choices. I'd argue that cosmetic surgery and makeup is natural. We've been doing that for thousands of years. Adornment and body modification is as much a part of what we do as a species as our plain unmodified/unadorned selves.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I also wear a tinted moisturizer that has SPF, waterproof mascara, and lip gloss or balm. Sometimes I put a little highlighter in the corners of my eyes to brighten them up as well. I love that many do not to wear any, but the acceptance should go both ways. I found myself being a bit startled once when I saw someone skiing in full-on fake eyelashes, cat eye liner, and wearing a fur hooded iridescent one piece ski suit, but then realized heck if it makes her happy why not?

Funny, I don’t put anything on for my fitness class and often run to grocery shop and do other errands afternoon without worry. For some reason I like it for skiing. Go figure.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Funny, I don’t put anything on for my fitness class and often run to grocery shop and do other errands afternoon without worry. For some reason I like it for skiing. Go figure.
I never wore makeup to the gym either until my trainer and I started testing out mascara out of curiosity. Then we added eyeliner, lip, brow, etc. I rarely wear makeup in the gym but had tremendous fun testing products. It’s hard work trying to look so “natural”.:laughter:

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Because of my gardening business in Colorado, my drawer is full of sunscreens....Elta MD is one of the best!
Agreed. And it’s the most recommended by dermatologists and plastic surgeons in Florida for prevention, post surgery and daily care. I love the clear.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wear makeup, don't wear makeup. You do you, and it shouldn't matter.

I grew up with a mother that wore next to no makeup, and so I never really learned how to apply makeup growing up. To this day, my daily routine is simply tinted moisturizer w/SPF, some concealer for my dark circles under my eyes, mascara, and a bit of bronzer/blush on the cheeks so I don't look dead. I own eye-shadow and eyeliner, but I'm not particularly good at applying them. My skiing routine isn't much different than my daily routine other than I might leave off the mascara and bronzer/blush if I'm feeling lazy. Some days I'll run around w/o any makeup. 20s me would be appalled, but the older I get the less I seem to care. lol

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I turned 40 I started coloring my hair...that lasted 6 months. I am now 50 with a lot of lovely grey, and the new decade has brought me back to makeup on the slopes, and not just for a night on the town. As the only part of my body that is visible in a lesson is my face, I am using some natural colored brow pen, mascara, and lip gloss. Call me vain, I do not care. However, I am very grateful for this thread and looking forward to trying out some of the mascara suggestions as my favorite sunscreen seems to cause my mascara to smear quite badly.

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As I've gotten older, my face has become quite red, and when cold, I look like I have a goggle burn (cold air and alcohol make it way worse). So I use Clinique anti-aging sunscreen, which really tamps down the red, followed by a Estee Lauder foundation. Sometimes I'll apply a bit of eyeliner to bring out my small eyes. Without makeup, I look just plain awful. So it goes on any time I leave the house. I use Burt's Bees tinted lip balm, but my lips are too thin for a lot of color.

@newboots I hear you on the brow issue. I am 56, and my hair is completely white except for the back. (I used to dye, but I would need to do so every 3 weeks, and I got tired of the $$) I had great brows, and they have started to thin and turn grey. I dye them and never pluck anything. In fact, just dyed them today. Game changer, IMO.

@skidiva thanks for posting this--great post.

newboots

Angel Diva
@newboots I hear you on the brow issue. I am 56, and my hair is completely white except for the back. (I used to dye, but I would need to do so every 3 weeks, and I got tired of the $$) I had great brows, and they have started to thin and turn grey. I dye them and never pluck anything. In fact, just dyed them today. Game changer,

Dying my eyebrows! Never occurred to me! I will look into it. Eyebrow pencil is a big pain to get just right.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have friends who dye brows bc very blonde. Can dye eyelash also ...... Ive done that for surftrips.

Surf (and ski) in Almay thickening waterproof mascara purple tube.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I mentioned this once before, but they do have brow mascara and it’s way easier to use than anything else for brows, for me anyway.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I mentioned this once before, but they do have brow mascara and it’s way easier to use than anything else for brows, for me anyway.
Which one do you use? I've tried a few and made a mess of things. Think it was Benefit. Now use Chanel Stylo Sourcils Waterproof eyebrow pencil. It's long lasting and easy application..... Stopped using waterproof mascara as removing removed eyelashes as well. Looks like this https://www.chanel.com/us/makeup/p/...MI7-TWp86x5gIVkx6tBh3EVAnMEAQYAiABEgKcU_D_BwE
Like Bobbi Brown mascara as have thin wand...

kiki

Angel Diva
Interesting thread!

I usually only wear lipstick when skiing, an oil based colour tint (lancome) that is in a small container with a locking lid so I don’t worry about it spilling in my chest pocket and which is easy to reapply on the slopes with no mirror.
B16875D1-AE81-43DD-8DDC-A94AA06D3B39.jpeg

I tend to sweat a lot, and the last couple seasons also cried a lot when skiing (hopefully not so much this year) so have foregone other makeup, however maybe it would boost my confidence a bit to wear a bit of waterproof eyeliner? I know at the beach I wear the lancome waterproof eyeliner and mascara.

At work I wear full makeup. When golfing it depends if it is for work networking or just relaxed with friends, will often go with nothing but sunscreen and lip tint.

I die my hair, and do use some of the die to do my eyebrows when I do my roots.

Let’s see what this season holds, maybe it’s time to experiment a bit more!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly